Unhuman

Trost

Mikaela watched through an emotionless mask as Eren began to wake, Mikasa and Armin on either side of him.  The blond had seen the Rogue Titan and had sensed something off about it, but he never expected it to host a human.  He was thoroughly confused, as was the rest of the Shinoa Squad.  Yu was the one who was the most out of it, though. Since he had become close with the brunette, Yuichiro felt the need to protect his friend.

   "But... how can he turn into a Titan?  Isn't that impossible?"  Mikaela shrugged his shoulders and glanced over at his brother, who looked down at Eren trying to convince everyone he was human.  In one flash of movement, Yuichiro stood down in front of Eren, Armin and Mikasa, sword drawn in a defensive stance.

"Listen! Eren is an ally!" Mikaela, too, was down in front of the humans in a moment's notice when the leader of the force in front of them threatened to fire on Yu.

"Fire that gun and you'll have a sword in your throat." Mika's growl came out low and dangerous, causing the panicked man to hesitate in his actions.

But it seemed to have only fueled his anger.

"You dare?! You are on the wrong side of this situation, boy, so I wouldn't push it!" Suddenly– unexpectedly– the man rose his arm up, and brought it down fast as lightening. Mika looked up in surprise and a hint of fear as the Shinoa squad banded together, hearing a faint, "Fire!"

A shot blasted through the air. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Eren grabbed Mikasa and Armin, pulling them close to the rest of the teens in the line of fire, before biting down hard on his inner palm and raising his left arm.

A loud eruption filled the air, and a thick sheet of steam covered the area. When it cleared, there were hundreds of gasps throughout the ranks of the shoulders.

"I-it's a... Titan!"

"Will it attack?"

"How did he do that?!"

The Shinoa squad all lay on the ground next to Mikasa and Armin, enclosed within the rib age of a... Titan. Mikaela was the only one left fully standing, as he had been able to retain his balance. The blond observed the teal-eyed boy when he emerged from the nape of the Titan's neck breathing heavily, slumped in a crouching position. The vampire could tell he wasn't doing good.

"Armin, you have to try and reason wth them! It's either that, or I'll have to leave!" As Mikaela came closer to the three, he knelt down in front of Eren, nodding his head.

"I'd have to agree," he glanced over at the rest of his comrades, beginning to get back up on their feet. "From what I've seen, you have the best record here out of all of us, so I suggest you try and reason with the man. If he won't listen, then we'll handle it," Mikaela gestured behind him to his companions, now all listening in on the conversation. Armin nodded, determination in his eyes when he stomped loudly towards the officers as the rest of the group stayed in the shadow of the massive, crumbling structure of the half-titan skeleton.

"How will we handle this, Mikaela?" The blond looked over at Shinoa, tilting his head in Yoichi's direction.

"With Yoichi." The brunette instantly became confused.

"H-huh?"

"How can I believe a fraud like you?!" The teens snapped their heads in the direction of the panic-stricken man, who had raised his arm for the second time. "Y-you should all die for your betrayal!" His arm was brought down once more, fast and decisive. The cannon was armed again. Mikaela quickly turned towards Yoichi.

"Yoichi, fire your bow!" The Shinao squad finally understood as they lined up a little ways behind the boy, Eren and Mikasa behind them watching in confusion. "Wait until the shot has been fired." The brunette nodded at Mika's order, and steadied his hand as his vision zoomed in only the slightest.

"Fire!"

"Now, Yoichi!" Breathing in deeply, Yoichi shouted,

"Gekkoin!" The invisible string of the bow was released, sending with it a black cloud of destruction. The demon made impact with the cannonball in midair, and the darkness surrounding it swallowed the projectile completely. Everything was silent. The only sound in the air was Yoichi's sigh of relief before all hell broke loose.

Everyone was panicking– not knowing where to point their weapons. Mikaela once again stood in front of the group protectively as the man who ordered the cannon to be fired went into hysterics.

"Wh-what?! How is that possible?! He can't possibly be human! He's just like the other monsters!" Mikaela had gotten ready for a possible fight when a new, slightly older man walked up, instantly sending the ranks of soldiers back into a calmer state. One of the soldiers breathed a sigh of relief.

"Pixis will know what to do..." The blond teen became confused. 'Pixis?...'

"Now, now, everyone calm down. What's going on?" The hysterical man launched into an entirely opinion-based speech towards the older man as Mikaela studied his features.

He was bald, and his age definitely showed– but there was a hidden smile in his eyes that revealed a caring nature. His posture was also very loose, and he stood listening to the man rant calmly and quietly before glancing over at the group, Mika still standing in front. Said boy held the man's gaze for a few seconds before loosening his own posture, and calling,

"Tell that man to restrain from firing the canon," The elder tilted his head, and was about to comment when the first man's eyes grew wild with fury and a tint of fear.

"You dare?! You are not in the place to make demands, and who's to say you aren't a Titan as well?!" Murmurs broke through the crowd at his outburst.  The hysteric leader raised his arm and prepared to bring it down once more, only to be stopped by the older man.

"Alright, Woerman, that's enough. I'll talk to this group myself." The lesser-ranking soldier looked at him in disbelief.

"But sir–!"  Pixis's glare left no room for arguing as he walked up to the group of teens.

"Hello," he introduced, looking around at all of them with a carefree smile, "I am Commander Dot Pixis, and I believe we need to talk."