Undeceptive

Survey Corps HQ

Mikaela had noticed the unusual looks the shorter man had been giving him.

It was the day after Eren's trial, and Hanji had been eager to observe his healing qualities in action. The group had all discovered that Eren's tooth– which he had only lost less than a day before– was already halfway through the process of growing back. The Shinoa squad was surprised that a human could have the healing capabilities of a vampire, but Eren wasn't exactly human. The group gathered along with Guren and Shinya in one of the abandoned corridors, making sure no one was around before they began to speak freely.

"So... the boy has the healing capabilities of your kind, Mikaela." The blond nodded at Guren's words.

"It seems so. Although Eren is not exactly human, I have never encountered another species that came anywhere near my strength, healing abilities, or self-restraint. It seems I have been proven wrong in this place so many times." Yu glanced at his brother.

"We have to find some way back home! Yeah, the Titans are bad, but we don't know anything about what's going on in Nagoya right now! The vampires could be winning for all we know!" Shinoa shot the boy a look.

"Lower your voice, Yuu-san. Though, I do have to agree with him. The rest of our group could be on the verge of overthrow, especially with how out-of-control the vampires get when their Queen is in danger." Yoichi nodded.

"But we can't just leave these people here...  They could die!"  Kimizuki rolled his eyes as leaned on the wall.

"They have Eren, Yoichi. Even without our help, they have plenty of resources they can use to kill the Giants." A loud sigh caught everyone's attention, and the group turned towards Mitsuba.

"Look, I get your concern for the humans here, I really do, but our comrades are counting on us. We can't worry ourselves with the people here. Kimizuki's right– they have that Eren kid." The group remained silent for a minute, and Mikaela chose the time to listen for any footsteps approaching. There were none.

"Well," Shinya spoke up, "let's rest on it– we'll gather back here in the morning and decide where we should go to get back home. You don't suppose the merchants here sell train tickets to Japan, do you?" Everyone had to chuckle at that. Mikaela was sure everything would be okay, for now...

As long as Ferid and Crowley stayed in the shadows.

~~~~
A Hidden Place Near the Survey Corps HQ

"Aww, look– they're getting comfortable." Ferid chuckled, amused at how the soldiers as well as their new friends were getting along.

"How about it Ferid? Why don't we make a truce with them once more, just to have some fun, eh~?" Crowley's words brought a smile to the silver-haired vampire's face.

"Sounds like fun~ Let's do it." Both vampires disappeared into the trees without a sound.

~~~~
HQ Dining Area

Eren sat around a long table along with Captain Levi, Commander Erwin, Hanji, Armin, Mikasa, Mike, Jean, Sasha, Connie, and Reiner. The brunette was a little nervous if he was telling the truth, as the sudden meeting was called by the higher-ups themselves. He was one of the select few to have been invited to this meeting.

"Welcome, everyone." Erwin's voice stopped all chatter. "Thank you for coming. You are here to discuss an interesting and yet serious matter. The newcomers." Eren stared at his Commander, thoroughly confused. "This new group has brought about some interesting revelations... one of them being that they are not all human." The blond man nodded to Levi.

"This red substance was collected after the boy– Mikaela– seemed to have lost his mind. It is proven to be blood, collected from the very vial that he drank from." There were a few gasps around the table as Levi set a white handkerchief with a dark red splotch in the middle of it on the table.

"Who would eat blood?!" Sasha's startled cry cut through the air, as she clung to Connie tightly. Erwin raised his hand for silence as Reiner leaned forward, an interested twinkle in his eye.

"So what does this mean, Commander?"

"It means, most certainly, that this Mikaela isn't human at all. We have suspicions about the other one that has disappeared from their group as well. The silver-haired man." Mike leaned forward and set his arms on the table, slouching slightly.

"He smells funny." He muttered, dead seriousness in his voice. Eren narrowed his eyes.

"Woah, wait! We can't just falsely assume that Mikaela is bad–" Hanji cut him off.

"Ooohh!" Her bubbly voice caught everyone's attention. "You should've seen his teeth! They were so sharp, as if used to tearing the flesh off the victim–"

"Thank you, Hanji." Erwin shook his head at the brunette as Armin raised his hand slightly.

"Well, we know we have evidence of his... um... individual traits. But what actual proof do we have that he's not human?" Levi nodded to him.

"That's where you all come in." Erwin continued for the raven-haired man.

"We want all of you to watch his movements. If he shows even the slightest sign of anything suspicious, follow him. See what he's up to. Understand?" Everyone nodded, stood up, and saluted before leaving the room, speaking nervously in quiet tones with each other. Eren didn't know how he felt about all this secrecy. He trusted Mikaela and Yuichiro. After all, the blond had saved his life on account of the other.

It just didn't feel right.

~~~~

Mikaela sighed. He had just refilled on a vial of Yuu-chan's blood, since the last time he drank had been days ago. The urge was surprisingly getting easier to resist, and Mika felt disgusted to say that it was because he was actually drinking human blood. He shook his head as he entered the dining hall in normal clothes he had received from the higher-ups.

The blond's eyes scanned the room as he walked over to the table in which the Shinoa squad sat. The brunette girl– Sasha, fiddled with her thumbs nervously and glanced his way every now and then. The boy beside her talked with her in hushed tones.

Reiner didn't even hide the fact that he was interested in Mikaela, and openly stared at him like he was trying to dissect the vampire. Mikasa, Eren, and Armin argued heatedly– albeit quietly– at their own table along with Jean, who joined in occasionally. Mika became instantly suspicious as he sat down next to Yu.

"Yuu-chan." Said blackette glanced over at his brother in worry at his whispered words.

"What is it, Mika?"

"Something's wrong."

A/N

Hello, all! Sorry since it's been a while, but I completely lost all motivation to continue this story for a time. Sorry if this chapter is a bit rough– I didn't exactly edit it.

Anyway, shoutout to @fluffymarshamellow for helping me get back on my feet.  Thanks for your suggestion!

                                                                            ~Rainy