Unexpected

Eren's Basement

   "Dammit!"  Guren's shout was barely heard over the roaring of the winds.

   "No!  You can't do this, I was supposed to find it!  Give me back my key!"  Eren shouted.  Mikaela shook his head at Guren and then gestured to the portal.  Nodding in confirmation, the three companions turned towards the portal, and began to make their way to it quickly.  "Come back!"  Eren's shout was lost to the winds, and he darted forward stupidly just as Mikaela, Yu, and Guren disappeared with a burst of light.

~~~~

   The first thing Yu was aware of was a pounding headache. Like the pulse of his heartbeat in his head, the throbbing was constant and tough, and he took a minute to try and relax before slowly opening his eyes.

He spotted Mikaela off to his left, and slowly raised himself off the ground in order to shake his brother awake.

"Hey, Mika. Mika!" The blond groaned and squinted, experiencing the same throbbing sensation as Yu had.

"... Yuu-chan? Where are we?" The words were slightly slurred since Mika hadn't had as much time to recover as Yu, but the black-haired teen glanced around in confusion.

Wherever they were, it didn't look like Nagoya. They seemed to be in some sort of closed-off building, and broken bits of wall and ceiling littered the area surrounding them. Yu couldn't spot any bodies, but he could tell people had died here due to the light smell of blood and rotten flesh in the air.

"I don't know. Guren!" Feeling slightly better now that the pounding in his head had subsided, Yu crawled over to his senior, and began to shake him a little harder than he had shaken Mika. The man grunted and glared at Yu.

"The fuck? Yu, stop doing that!" Yu smirked silently in victory as Guren sat up with a slight wince, glancing around him. "Where are the others?" Mikaela shook his head.

"We only woke up a few moments ago." Guren nodded and stood, Mikaela doing the same with his brother's help.

"Do you really think we could be back in Japan?" Yu looked at Guren, who shrugged.

"We need to see more of this area if we want to discover anything. Come on, let's find the exit."  As the trio wandered through long hallways and some special rooms, Yu felt a prick in the back of his mind.  He felt as if he should know this place...

   The feeling intensified once the group reached a large– what seemed to be– empty living area.  Yu felt Mika tense beside him.

   "Yuu-chan."  The black-haired teen heard his brother whisper, "This is the orphanage."  And then it all clicked.  Yu couldn't help but remember the fond times he had here with the rest of his adopted family.  His most prominent memory, however, was of the time he had first met Mika...

   Before he could get lost within his own mind, Guren spoke up once more.

   "The orphanage where you two grew up?"  Mikaela nodded.

   "Yuu-chan joined our family a few years before the vampires attacked.  The rest of the children were raised here along with me."  Guren nodded before walking forward, brow furrowed in thought.  Yu let his eyes wander as they trudged on, eventually coming to a blocked doorway with sunlight streaming through little cracks within the boards.  Using his sword, Guren easily hacked trough the deteriorating wood, allowing the trio to shimmy through the opening and into the world beyond.

~~~~

   "So, we are back in Nagoya.  But why the orphanage?"  Mikaela glanced around at the familiar landscape, taking in the tall, slanted apartment buildings, ruined streets, and the occasional beat-up car.

   "Yuu-kun! Mikaela-san!  Guren!"  Whipping his head to the side, Mika set his hand on his sword, prepared to battle.  He relaxed when Kimizuki and Yoichi came into sight, and smiled slightly as Yu waved at them enthusiastically.

   "Kimizuki!  Yoichi!"  As the two reached them, Yu laughed as they all embraced, happy that they had at least found each other.  Mikaela watched as they pulled apart, and narrowed his eyes.

   "Where are Shinoa, Mitsuba, and Shinya?"  The other two shook their heads.

   "Whatever that thing that transported us here was," Kimizuki replied, "it wasn't very accurate.  We woke up on the third story of an apartment building not far off.  The others were nowhere in sight."  Guren nodded and said,

   "At least we've found each other.  We need to try and locate the others– I'm willing to assume that they are together.  We don't want to encounter Ferid or Crowly at the moment, and we don't know how long we've been gone from here."  Mikaela nodded in agreement.

   "We need to keep an eye out for vampires.  Now that their Queen has been killed, I don't know how they will react."  Yu smiled widely.

   "All right!  Now that we know what to do, lets do it!"  Mika smiled at his brother, knowing that the younger teen was pumped up now that they were home again.  He nodded in agreement.

   "Yes, lets."

A/N
The end. ^_^ Just kidding, I'm gonna write an Epilogue for this story.  Until then, my lovely readers~

                                                     ~Rainy