Twenty Five

Another month had passed. Niall's birthday was two weeks earlier. Harry threw him a party at their house and invited all of Niall's friends, which really wasn't much. But they all had plenty of fun. Though Niall was quite upset he didn't get to drink due to the baby. Of course, it concerned everyone, but Niall assured them he was fine.

 Niall was almost three months along, and he had been having just a few complications. The sickness was slowly starting to go away. But he began having issues with his back and constantly had to use the bathroom. The doctor told him it was fairly normal, and that his baby was settled fairly low inside him, almost on top of his bladder. So almost every time he got up, he had to immediately go to the bathroom.

Niall absolutely hated it. Taking bathroom breaks fifteen times within two hours was enough to raise suspicion among his co-workers. Though no one ever confronted him about it since they really had no idea what could be wrong with him.

Harry quite enjoyed Niall being pregnant... well, sometimes anyway. When Niall wasn't being moody and overemotional, he was very clingy and horny - two of Harry's favorite things. But Harry felt bad that sometimes he couldn't be there to satisfy Niall's needs.

Work for Harry was really starting to get hectic. His YouTube account was on the verge of 20,000 subscribers. It started growing a lot quicker within the last two weeks after he posted a video message saying he was going to be playing a few opening shows around England and Ireland for Ed Sheeran in December.

Niall was nervous about Harry leaving. He was opening for nine shows, two of which were at the O2 in London. Harry was able to get Niall a ticket to come see him, which Niall was actually excited about, but he didn't know what to do with Harry gone to other places like Manchester and Dublin. Niall would then be five months along. Would he be able to manage alone?

Of course, Harry was terrified, too. He asked Niall to have Louis over to watch over him, but Niall didn't want to be a burden. That made Harry roll his eyes. He just wanted his boyfriend to be okay. So he went ahead and asked Louis himself. He, of course, told Harry he would stay with him until Harry came back. Niall still didn't know. But it wasn't a big deal. It was months away.

Things between Liam, Louis, and Sophia got much better. After spending an entire week together alone, Louis and Liam felt closer than ever. They had so many things in common, they realized. And Louis was so much happier with Liam around him. He seemed to glow brighter.

The only thing that seemed to be different was Sophia. She was very distanced from the two. Sure, she would act all happy and lovey around them, but she just wasn't herself. Liam tried to figure out what was wrong with her, but she always brushed it off as if it were nothing. She started staying with her friend more, going out more, missing work, going to many doctor visits, but would never mention why. Liam was concerned, hell, even Louis was concerned.

Liam tried to tell himself it was nothing. He tried to believe Sophia when she said it, but he knew there was no way she was all right. But what could he do? Her friends wouldn't talk to him. He couldn't get any information out of the doctors. It was all hopeless.

It was a pretty cold Tuesday. The date was September twenty ninth. The day started out pretty normal. Niall and Louis both had the 2-8 PM shift. Liam went into work around nine that morning, and Harry went into the studio at eleven.

Ashton came by Milo's as Michael and Max were walking out from their shifts. He bought a new guitar for Luke. Louis asked him why, and Ashton simply said, "Because I love him." Louis and Niall cooed at his cuteness.

After he walked out, the day was pretty boring. Louis threw paper balls at Niall every once in a while, while Niall stocked the shelf with the latest Rock Hits CD.

"You know," Niall said, pulling another CD from the box beside him, "you could help."

"Yeah, I know," Louis replied with a cheeky smile. Niall laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well-" Niall was cut off by Louis's phone ringing.

"Sorry, one sec." He paused to answer his phone. "Hey babe." Niall scrunched his face up when he realized it was Liam. Louis stuck his tongue out at him. But Louis's smile slowly faded.

"Whoa whoa babe, slow down... what?" Niall furrowed his eyebrows. "She... what? Which one? Um o - okay. Niall and I are on our way."

"Louis, what's going on?" Niall asked as Louis shoved his phone into his pocket and went behind the counter, grabbing the keys to the shop.

"Sophia's in the hospital," he said. "She... she like overdosed? On pills mixed with alcohol. She's um... she's in a really bad state."

When they got to the hospital and finally found Sophia's room, they found Harry, Luke, Ashton, and a couple girls stood outside the door.

"How is she?" Niall asked, leaning into Harry. Harry sighed.

"Pretty bad," he answered. "They don't think she's gonna make it." Niall's shoulders dropped.

"How's Liam?"

"Terrible. He refused to leave the room. He's in there now. No one else is allowed in." Niall nodded.

They waited for hours. It was almost ten PM before they heard anything from the doctors, and the news definitely wasn't good.

The doctor, Dr. Pearson, walked out of the room and gently shut it behind him.

"You're the family and friends of Sophia Smith, correct?" They all nodded.

Well, I have some unfortunate news. Ms. Smith has passed. She took too much medication mixed with alcohol to be properly pumped in time to save her. We tried all we could, but we couldn't save her. I'm very sorry."

Sophia's friends instantly burst into tears. Niall stood in shock, not able to utter a single word. Harry closed his eyes and squeezed Niall's hands tightly. Louis put his head in his hands and let the tears building up inside of him flow out. Luke and Ashton hugged each other.

Liam walked out soon after, his face red from crying. Louis got up and engulfed him in a hug, running his hand through Liam's hair and whispering to him that everything would be all right.

"We'll get through this together," Louis promised. Liam nodded and nuzzled his head in Louis's neck.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! So sorry it took me so long to update. I've been a bit busy, and really didn't know what to do with this chapter. But I've got everything sorted out and added this sad little plot twist to the story. Mostly because I don't care for Sophiam anymore, it's history and getting in the way of Lilo.

If you haven't already, check out my new fanfic! It's called Royals. Niall, Harry, and Liam are royalty in it. I'll be updating it again very soon.

I'll also update this again soon. Thank you so much for reading. This now has over 40k reads! Wow! :)

(also I haven't proofread so sorry for any mistakes)

~Tay :*