Twenty Eight

Harry had three more concerts at the O2. After the first two, he would go back home to Niall, spending time with him before leaving around ten the next morning. After the final show, Harry and Ed travelled to their next destination, and Niall wouldn't see him again for almost another month.

Niall went into work at noon on Thursday. As he walked in, his boss was stood at the counter, talking to Louis. Usually he wasn't around during the week, so Niall was pretty confused. Mr. Johnson looked up and waved at Niall.

"Uh hi Mr. Johnson.." Niall said, looking between him and Louis.

"Niall," Mr. Johnson started, "you are a wonderful hard-working employee, you know that right?" Niall shrugged and nodded. "Well, I've been filled in on your situation, and I feel like it would be best if you went on a little work leave."

"I- I can't," Niall said, shaking his head. "I need to work. I have bills to pay and-" Mr. Johnson cut Niall off with a laugh.

"Calm down," he told Niall. "It'll be a paid leave, okay? Just for at least a week or so. You need to rest, you work much too hard." Niall sighed.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Johnson nodded.

"Okay, but only for a week."

"Fine, as long as you rest up a bit." Niall smiled and nodded.

~

Niall's week of relaxation started off great. Niall spent the first three days sleeping and eating - and throwing up a bit in between. On the fourth day, he had a doctor appointment. She told him everything was fine but to ease back on the physical labor. Niall promised he would then headed back home.

The day before Niall was to go back to work, everything felt a bit off. Niall woke up in a lousy mood. His head was hurting, his heart beating unevenly, and his back more sore than usual. He headed into the kitchen to get himself a glass of water and take some ibuprofen to help his headache. As he grabbed a glass and turned his body to reach the sink, his vision went blurry, and his legs went wobbly.

Niall quickly grabbed a chair and sat down, clutching his head with one hand and rubbing his eyes with the other. He blinked rapidly and looked around. He felt as if he were about to pass out. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach and screamed out in pain.

"I need Louis," he whispered to himself, slowly making his way out of the chair and walking toward his bedroom. As he walked, his legs began to hurt more and more, and he eventually couldn't even stand anymore. Niall got down on his hands and knees just right outside of his room. He crawled the rest of the way to his bedside table and grabbed his phone, dialing Louis. He felt another sharp pain and screamed out just as Louis answered the phone.

"Niall?" Louis questioned in a panic.

"L- Louis," Niall half sobbed. "I- God I need you."

"What's wrong?" Louis asked, grabbing his jacket and car keys.

"I'm... I think there's something wrong with the baby." Niall screamed out in pain again.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God," Louis panicked, walking quickly down to his car and getting in. "I'm on my way, everything's gonna be okay." Niall thanked Louis, but before they could even end their call, Niall's eyes went wide as he whispered, "Oh fuck."

"Niall? What happened?"

"I think my water just broke." Louis's heart stopped.

"This early?" Niall nodded even though Louis couldn't see him.

"Just please hurry." And the call ended.

It was almost ten minutes before Louis arrived. Niall was continuously screaming out in agony. Louis cringed at the sound of his friend screaming.