10| Adoration

Arisu's Pov.

I walked out of my apartment with my school bag, as I walked to school, my daily routine.

While walking, something caught my eye--it was a cat!

The cat was stuck on the top of the tree, the tree was really tall.

I gotta help the cat!

With that in mind, I placed my bag on the grass as I climbed the tree--yet I haven't climbed a tree in my life.

Finally, I reached it successfully, I held my hand to the cat, who was shivering in fear.

"Come here...kitty cat" I called, it glared at me angrily.

Aw come on...just come here, cat!

I was worried that I might be tardy because of the troublesome cat.

Then I moved forward, even if I was afraid of heights, I grabbed it's body as I smiled, satisfied.

"I caught you~" I sung, as I finally have hold of it's body.

I moves backwards to go down, when the branch was torn off--causing me to fall marvellously.

I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the huge impact of the ground, in my surprise, I didn't fell on the hard cement, but instead--I fell into a pair of arms, they were strong and warm.

"Are you alright, miss?" The voice asked, and I swear--it was oddly familiar.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, as I met a pair of sharp eyes as his gaze was fixated on me.

"Kenma-kun...?" I said as I know the man who's carrying me.

"Um, who are you miss?" He asked, as he slowly puts me down, before looking at me directly.

The cat run off my hands as it went straight to Kenma-kun's hands, as he held in while staring at it

"Don't you remember me? I'm Kisaragi Arisu, your friend!" I explained to him, as he was somewhat confused seeing me.

"I'm sorry, but if I do know you, I would recognise your pretty face right away" He said.

Is he...really Kenma-kun? He never says that kind of punchline before.

My mouth gaped, as I thought maybe I got the wrong person, so immediately bowed.

"I-I'm sorry...you look like my old friend, so I thought it was you, I'm so sorry" I said in a hurry.

In my surprise, he burst out laughing, I looked up at him as he was really happy right now.

"You never change, Arisu" He said, as I stood up in shock.

"H-Huh? Why? I mean, you said you don't know me" I said in shock.

"Do you think I'll be able to forget?" He asked me as his gaze was right at me, accompanied with a dazzling smile.