24| Cold

Arisu's Pov.

I was woke up by the freezing temperature that is given up from the air, as I felt my hands and feet cold.

"It's really cold, nothing can beat winter's coldness" I said as I stood up from my bed and stare outside of the window.

Christmas was just around the corner, as it was closing in December 25, it is freezing outside even if it isn't christmas yet.

I decided to walk downstairs of my apartment to have some hot cocoa to warm me up, then I heard a knocking from the door.

I set aside the mug of cocoa and walked towards the door while yawning.

Opening it, I saw the delivery guy handing me a letter as I grabbed it and said thank you, after that I proceeded back to the living room.

I flipped the letter to see the sender as my eyes widended...the sender was...

"Father?" I blurted in shock, as I couldn't believe it.

I gulped loudly, slightly nervous what would the letter say as I ripped it.

After reading it, I gritted my teeth as I saw the ticket from the back of the mail, it made me more angry

What's with him? I've been gone for months and now he wants me back? To use me again for his success...?

I've always hated my father, ever since my mother died he always used me as if I'm something that can be replaced easily...am I that worthless?

"But...if I didn't go, who knows what'll happen" I said as I bit my lower lip, while I gripped the letter.

I closed my eyes as I remembered the times that I had with him.

•••
One day, when I was 10 years old, I decided to bake cookies for my father, he must be hungry from all the work...so I ended up making some.

"Where are you going, Alice?" A old female who is our household maid stated in english fluently.

"I'm going to give this to father, I made it for him thinking he might be hungry" I replied while speaking english fluently.

I was in America back then, so naturally I would speak in english.

"You must not bother Master, Alice...he might get mad" She gently said while patting my blonde hair.

"But...I wanted to give it to him no matter what" I pouted as she sighed, giving in.

"Alright, after giving it to him, go straight to your chamber and continue your painting" She said while I nodded in reply, going straight to my father's room.

I knocked first as I heard his confirmation, I opened the huge doors to see him sitting down on his desk.

"What is it, Alice?" He asked me harshly while I flinched to his tone.