MTM#VIII: THE HEIRS

HYRA's POV

I closed my eyes while walking, battling drowsiness from a sleepless night, thanks to Conan's antics.

"Liar."

(Last Night)

"Conan, open the door. I want to sleep next to you."

"It's my call, not yours. Go back to your room and sleep."

"Noooooo!"

"Yes!"

"Okay, what if I open the door and then go back?"

"I don't trust you."

"What? I'm the woman of your dreams."

"Who told you that?"

"My instinct?"

"Your instinct is wrong. Goodnight."

"I won't sleep until you let me in."

"...Fine."

That's why I'm so sleepy. Conan can be cruel, can't he?

I didn't intend to go to class today, but then I thought about the students who come just to see me. They'd lose all motivation to live. So, reluctantly, I headed to school.

CRASH

My eyes were closed as I walked, and I collided with something-now I'm in heaven, face-to-face with an angel with big ears.

Fuck! What am I thinking? When did I start believing in angels and heaven?

"Miss, are you okay?"

I snapped back to reality, realizing our position: my hand around his neck, his arm supporting my waist to prevent me from falling.

Oh, I can smell his breath; he's so close.

"Are you new here? I just noticed you."

"I transferred last week."

"No wonder I haven't seen you before. I'm Skyler Jackain Salvador, but you can call me Sky."

"Salvador? You're the principal's son?"

He nodded.

Jackpot. I can make friends with him.

"I'm Hyra Demonise Fu-"

"Wow, you're straightforward. But are you tired? How long have we been like this?"

We looked at each other and quickly separated, realizing our compromising position hadn't changed yet.

"Save it for private," Mr. Fonancier said before leaving. Sky and I sighed in relief.

SKY'S POV

"Mr. Fonancier can be strict but kind," I said.

"Yeah, I know."

Wait, she knows?

Only the elite class gets to know Mr. Fonancier.

"Are your ears really that big?"

I was taken aback when she jumped up to touch my ear-it wasn't a good idea. She slipped, and I instinctively caught her, our bodies falling to the ground.

As she lay over me, I couldn't help but notice how sweet she smelled.

"Hey?"

"Ye-s?" Why am I stuttering?