MTM#XXXI: SUSPICIOUS

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"That was a nice dinner, I'm full," Hyra said happily, stretching her legs in the bathtub as Conan rubbed her back.

"Right, but Zeus is still the best cook," Conan replied, his touch soothing against her skin.

"By the way, you acted weird today," Hyra observed, turning her head to look at Conan as he continued to massage her back.

Conan chuckled softly, his fingers tracing gentle circles on the back of Hyra's neck. "You noticed?"

"Of course. We've been together since we were eight years old, I know you well," Hyra said with a knowing smile. "Did you see what happened earlier?"

Conan hesitated, his expression flickering briefly before he composed himself. "I did."

Hyra sensed his discomfort and decided to change the subject. She knew Conan well enough to know when certain topics were difficult for him to discuss.

"How are the others?" Hyra asked, hoping to lighten the mood.

Conan shifted, turning to face her fully now. "One of them is wandering around the city, and she's in the basement right now."

Hyra raised an eyebrow. "Who is she?"

Conan sighed, his gaze softening as he met Hyra's eyes. "You know who."

Hyra's expression softened in understanding. "Can I see her?"

"No, it will be difficult for us to handle if she sees you," Conan replied, placing a gentle kiss on the back of Hyra's neck.

"Then why did you even ask me?" Hyra teased, rolling her eyes playfully before stepping out of the bathtub to reach for the towel Conan handed her. He draped it carefully over her shoulders, his touch lingering for a moment longer than necessary.

"You go to sleep first. I'll join you after I finish dealing with her," Conan said softly, his voice tinged with affection.

Hyra smiled gently, a mischievous glint returning to her eyes. "Before you go, could you... give me more of that intimate touch?"

Conan's eyes widened slightly in surprise, then a slow smile spread across his face. "Of course," he whispered, his voice filled with warmth.

He moved closer to her, his hands sliding along her back with renewed tenderness. Hyra closed her eyes, leaning into his touch, feeling the tension melt away under his skilled fingers.

They stayed like that for a while, the only sound in the room the soft splashing of water and their quiet breathing. Conan's touch was both comforting and arousing, igniting a gentle fire within Hyra's heart.

After a lingering moment, Conan leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips.

Hyra sighed contentedly as they pulled apart, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Thank you, Conan."

Conan brushed a lock of hair away from her face, his gaze filled with adoration. "Anytime."

"Make sure you sleep next to me," Hyra requested, looking up at Conan with a hint of longing in her eyes.

"I will," Conan promised, placing a towel over Hyra and pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "Don't stay up too late."

Hyra yawned sleepily in response, feeling warm and loved under Conan's care. She watched him leave the bathroom, her heart swelling with gratitude for having him by her side.

---

After Conan ensured that Hyra was peacefully asleep, the smile faded from his lips as he quietly left their bedroom. He made his way down to the basement where Zues awaited, alongside an unexpected visitor.