MTM#XVI:HER EYES

ICE's POV

I was on my way home when I realized I had forgotten where I put the key to my unit. I decided to go to the receptionist to borrow a spare key.

"The girl living in Room 310 always comes out at dawn, and when she comes home, she has a box of cup noodles."

"310? Are you referring to Miss Hyra Fukushima?"

"Yes, she's the only girl there, the others are—"

“Hyra Fukushima?" They were surprised when I joined their conversation. I had been standing there for a long time, unnoticed because they were chattering.

"Yes, Sir Lukas, Hyra Fukushima. You both go to the same school, so you might know her," said a receptionist while bowing.

"I don't just know her; I know her very well," I smiled, then took the spare key they handed me.

The world is really small. I never thought we would just live in the same building.

I took the elevator. My unit was Room 121, but I didn't go straight there. Instead, I went to Room 310.

"Buzzzzz, buzzzzz, buzzzzz."

I've been buzzing for a while, but no one has come out yet. Is anyone here? The receptionist said Hyra was home.

"Buzzzzz, bu—"

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?"

She came out while rubbing her eyes. It looked like she had just woken up. She was just wearing an oversized white T-shirt, and her hair was messy.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course not—" She was about to close the door, but my foot prevented it from closing.

"Thank you so much for agreeing."

"What? Hey, get out of here."

I ignored what she said and looked around. This room is big for just one person and the surroundings are clean as if she doesn't live in it.

THIRD PERSON's POV

"Are you done looking around? You can leave now; trespassing is what you're doing, you know that?"

Hyra said as she followed Ice. She worried that Conan or Cris might come while Ice was there.

"You're the only one living in this big unit?" Ice asked in surprise.

"Is it obvious?" Hyra rolled her eyes, and "Croooooo!" Her stomach growled.

"You have not eaten yet?"

"Not yet, I'm too lazy to cook."

"Then let me cook for you."

"You know how to cook? No! Wait, you don't have to—"

"Let me borrow your kitchen."

Hyra did nothing but sit down. She watched Ice cook, and with every move, she was amazed.

'Wissshhhhhhh!

'Wosssshhhh!

'Shhhhhh!

"This is bad. It smells like he cooked something delicious," Hyra mumbled to herself. She shifted her gaze to Ice and the clock hanging on the wall.

"The food is ready; you can eat."

She didn't realize Ice had already served the food in front of her.