MTM#XXII: THE 13TH MASK

ICE POV

This is the second day that Hyra hasn't come to class, and it's boring without her. I've been able to chat with her, but I personally miss her presence.

"You can visit me tomorrow if you want," she messaged.

I smiled and quickly replied, "I'll cook you whatever you want so you can recover quickly."

But why do I feel like she's not okay?

After I replied, I hid my phone. The surroundings were relatively quiet. After the attack that took place in the Caribbean, Sky immediately worked to return everything to normal, as if nothing had happened. As the heir, he is responsible for everything that happens in the Caribbean.

Demon's attack was sudden, but her retreat was even more abrupt, as if she hesitated, or maybe it was on purpose. They left a mess behind. Things haven't been going well these past few days, but at least Hyra is in good condition. That gives me some solace.

The night is cold, and it looks like it will rain. I was walking down a dark alley when I felt someone following me. Based on the sound of the footsteps, it was someone wearing heels. I turned around just in time to see a sharp object whiz past my cheek and pierce the tree behind me.

She didn't target me personally.

She was standing in the shadows, so I couldn't see her face. Who is she? Is she an enemy? Why would she attack me if she didn't know me?

"Are you wondering who I am?" she asked.

She's not Demon because she doesn't have a voice changer.

"Who are you, and what do you need?" I asked directly.

She walked closer until the moonlight revealed her face. "I don't need you, but you need me," she said, slightly bowing. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kristen Khan, the thirteenth mask."

The last mask is a woman? I was just surprised because I am facing her now.

"Why did you suddenly show up?" I asked. She removed the mask she was wearing and showed me her face.

"I'm here to help you defeat Demon," she replied.

"For what reason? Why do you want to help me? Did she do something to you?" I inquired, suspicious.

"There's no particular reason. I just want to get into the Caribbean and be that elite student. Won't more people believe you when they find out you've completed the thirteen masks?"

She was right. More people would side with me when they found out that the thirteen masks were complete.

"How do I know you're telling the truth that you're the thirteenth mask?" I asked skeptically.

"Oh! So you still don't believe me? Well, I can't blame you," she said, taking something from her pocket and throwing it at me. A gun. "The masks of the thirteen leaders are bulletproof, so why don't you try to shoot me?"

Is she challenging me? Many have tried to imitate the thirteen masks but failed because of the unique material used. Apart from being made of pure gold, they are also bulletproof.