MTM#III: CYRUS PARK

CYRUS'S POV

"Blag."

I let go of the glass of water I was holding.

"Ever since she came, you've been anxious. Who is she in your life? Do you have a hidden desire for her?"

I looked at Carl sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed, holding a cup of tea and raising his pinky finger. Why do I feel like he is a rich mother who is willing to pay me any amount as long as I let his daughter go?

I shook my head to clear my mind and then sat in the chair next to him. I began telling him how I met Hyra.

"I met her last year in Osaka during an auction. She bought a painting that I liked the most, not because of what was painted on it, but because of who painted it. My late mother painted it." I saw him flinch, but I ignored that and kept talking. "Because it was so important to me, I raised my bid, and I didn't expect her to raise hers as well. She eventually got the painting."

"And then?"

"I talked to her and offered to pay her triple for the painting, but she didn't agree. Instead, she gave me the painting for free, without compensation."

"So you had a hidden desire for her?"

"Yeah! Wait... what?"

"I noticed you were stunned when you saw her, and your eyes were shining." Huh? Since when did Carl learn these corny words?

"I just want to pay her back for her kindness. That painting is the last of my mother's property that I have, so I wanted to thank her. Since that day, I often invited her for coffee, and we had little conversations. That's when I found out she was Nathan's sister."

That same day, I called Nathan to confirm if he really had a sister, and it was true. He was also surprised I met his sister. He asked me a lot about her, such as what she looked like, and if she was in good condition. That's when I found out they hadn't talked in a long time.

I tried to get Nathan to talk to Hyra, but Hyra refused, and since then, she has not come out with me.

"So you have no hidden desire for her?"

"Why do you keep asking that?" I was getting a little annoyed with him.

"Nothing, I just want to know so that if I get her out of here, no one will be hurt."

"You hate her that much?"

"I don't know, but I don't have a good feeling about her."

Carl's really weird, actually. How did he come to suspect such an innocent woman?

"Bogshhh."

The door opened loudly. I felt the wall shake for a moment due to the impact.

"Oh! Dear, my apologies, may tao pala."

Hyra came in and looked around as if searching for someone.

"Who let you in?" Carl's voice was both calm and authoritative. He glared at Hyra, who also glared back at him.

"Your voice is starting to annoy me. Alam mo ba 'yon? Is it that bad to enter here?" Hyra asked again, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at Carl.

We were in a special room that only the elite could enter, and it was strictly forbidden for non-elite students to enter. She could be punished if the elders found out.

"Don't be cocky just because you're Nathan's sister. You won't be accepted here."

"Don't be cocky either. Just because you're an elite student doesn't mean I'll be afraid of you. What can you do?"