MTM#XXIX: IT'S BEEN AWHILE

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Hummm! Hmmmmm!"

At midnight in Elizalde Hospital, a haunting voice echoed through the quiet halls.

The voice emanated from a room where a girl dressed in white sat on her bed, gazing into a mirror she held in her hands.

Her lips stretched into a sinister smile.

"Heeeeh! Why is my skin so smooth? I wonder who bathed me while I was unconscious," she muttered, her grin widening. "I hope it was Viper."

She couldn't help but smile as she studied her reflection, admiring what she saw.

"Who's the most beautiful girl in the world?"

"You are," a man's voice replied from the bedroom doorway.

The girl turned to him, smiling sweetly.

"Welcome back, Demon."

The man knelt and kissed Demon's foot.

"Good to be back," Demon replied, watching Brizon kiss her foot.

---

"Viper, where are you? Tres reported that Demon woke up," Zeus announced urgently over the phone.

"That's good news then," Viper replied calmly.

"AHHHHHHH!"

"HELP!"

"PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU - AHH!"

"NOOOOO!"

Zeus frowned, hearing screams and pleas for help in the background.

"Where are you really? I'll come pick you up—"

"There's no need. I'm just venting some stress, don't worry," Viper interrupted.

"No, that's what worries me the most. Every time you 'vent stress', innocent people end up dead."

Zeus was concerned due to past incidents where Viper, in his stress-relief episodes, had gone on killing sprees.

"I'm physically and mentally sound right now. Just keep an eye on Hyra for me; she's awake but still weak," Viper reassured him.

Zeus paused, then sighed heavily.

"You said the same thing last time—"

*Click! Click! Click!*

Zeus tightened his grip on the phone when Viper abruptly hung up. He immediately turned to his laptop, attempting to trace Viper's location, but his efforts yielded no clues.

"DAMN!" Zeus slammed his fist on the table, frustration evident.

---

*KRINGGGG!*

His phone rang suddenly, and he answered without checking the caller ID.

"Zeus, Hyra is driving to Caribbean University," Brizon's voice came through in a panic.

Zeus sighed, massaging his temples.

"Just follow her and keep her safe."

"But—"

"Viper isn't in the best mood right now, so don't add to the problem." Without waiting for Brizon's reply, Zeus hung up and returned to his laptop, urgently trying to track Hyra's movements.