MTM#XXXIII: THE KINGS

ZEUS'S POV

"Hi?" Ripple's voice cut through the silence.

"What on earth, why did you come out?" Venom asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"If it were up to me, I wouldn't leave my room, but I have to deliver this," Ripple said, waving an envelope she was holding.

The envelope was well-packaged and sealed securely. It looked important.

"I'll deliver that—" Venom started to say.

"I'm sorry, but Lord Viper instructed that no one can touch it except me and him," Ripple interrupted firmly.

"Then go see him in his room," I suggested.

"Excuse me, I'm just going to see him," Ripple said, hurrying off.

I watched Venom's gaze follow Ripple until she disappeared into Viper's room.

"That seems important. What do you think? Why didn't he order one of us to deliver it?" Venom asked, turning to me.

I just shrugged, unable to provide an answer. Curiosity gnawed at me, but I knew better than to pry. Ripple was fiercely loyal to Viper and wouldn't divulge anything.

A minute later, Ripple emerged from Viper's room. Suddenly, there was a loud crash from inside, followed by the sound of Viper's furious yelling. He was throwing things around in a rage.

"What the heck did you do?" Venom snarled, grabbing Ripple by the neck.

This is bad.

Ripple's eyes widened in fear, her hands instinctively clutching at Venom's arm as she struggled to breathe. The scene was chaotic, the air thick with tension. Viper's angry shouts continued from behind the closed door, echoing ominously.

"Let her go, Venom," I said, stepping forward. "This won't solve anything."

Venom's grip tightened momentarily before he released Ripple, who fell to her knees, gasping for air.

"Explain yourself," Venom demanded, his voice cold and sharp.

Ripple coughed, trying to compose herself. "I-I don't know what happened. I just delivered the envelope as instructed."

Venom glared at her, frustration evident on his face. "If Viper gave specific orders, he must have had a reason. Something's not right."

I nodded in agreement. "We need to find out what was in that envelope. But first, let's calm Viper down before things get worse."

ICE'S POV

"Then Brizon and Joshua won't be able to attend class for more than a month?" Hyra asked as she rested her head on my thigh.

We were currently in the botanical garden, taking a break. I hadn't seen her for more than a week, and when I finally did, all the exhaustion I had been carrying disappeared.

"That's right," I replied.

"That's sad. By the way, Maniego, what kind of person is Demon?"

Why is she asking about Demon?

"She is the worst of the worst," I said flatly.

Hyra gasped, sitting up from lying on my lap and cupping both of my cheeks. "I want to meet her," she said, looking excited.

I know Hyra can be weird sometimes, but this is the weirdest thing she has ever asked for.

"Demon is dangerous. She took someone important to me, and I don't want her to take you too."