MTM#XXXV: DINNER

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Please don't make a scene today; I have football practice," Conan said, wiping his mouth with a tissue. The four of them had breakfast together, Ripple in her own room.

"Yes, I promise I won't," Hyra replied, eating heartily.

Viper smiled, pleased to see Hyra was easy to talk to now.

"Zeus, can you book a dinner reservation at an expensive restaurant? If Hyra behaves today, I'll take her on a date."

Hyra, Zeus, and Chris exchanged surprised glances.

"Is he serious?" Chris asked incredulously.

"Maybe I saved the world in my past life, that's why I'm being blessed like this now," Hyra said happily, chewing her food.

Zeus and Chris exchanged another look, wondering what had changed overnight to make these two act differently.

"Before I forget, Conan, I'm out of money," Hyra said, displaying her empty wallet.

"It's okay, just spend time with me. I'll cover the expenses," Conan assured her.

Chris paused with a bite halfway to his mouth, observing the exchange between them.

"If you two are going to flirt, do it somewhere that's not in front of food; it's disgusting," he grumbled.

No one responded, so the three men turned to Hyra, expecting a reaction. As expected, her face turned red, and she smiled like an idiot.

"Since Conan is busy with his game, Chris, keep an eye on Hyra," Zeus smirked.

"What? Are you serious?" Chris exclaimed.

Zeus nodded, causing Chris to run his hand through his hair in frustration. "What the hell did I do in my past life to deserve this punishment?"

"I promise to behave today, so you don't have to watch me anymore," Hyra said politely.

Chris sighed, resigned to his fate of keeping an eye on Hyra.

---

"Hey, good morning! How's your day going?" Hyra chirped, approaching a group of students.

"Oh, your hair looks great today!" she complimented another.

"Have you had breakfast yet? It's the most important meal!" she exclaimed to someone else.

Chris quickly covered Hyra's mouth and steered her away to a quieter spot with fewer people.

"You promised to behave just two hours ago, and you're already drawing attention," he scolded.

"Huh? Isn't this what normal students do?" Hyra retorted, rolling her eyes. She regretted agreeing to behave today; she hated restraining her natural impulses.

"Hyra, Chris, what are you doing here?" Sky's voice interrupted their conversation.

Hyra smirked mischievously at Chris, then turned to greet Sky enthusiastically.

"Sky!" She dashed over and latched onto his arm.

Chris clicked his tongue in irritation and was about to leave when Sky grabbed his arm.

"Why are you with Hyra?" Sky asked, his jaw tense.

"And who are you to question me?" Chris smiled coldly, shaking off Sky's grip. "I don't know you," he added, scanning Sky from head to toe before walking away.

"Is that all? I was hoping to see the two Salvadors go at it," Hyra mused. "Your cousin's rude; I'm glad you're not like him," she said to Sky with a wide grin.