Chapter Eight

*Harry's POV*

"Please?"  Charlotte begged, poking out her bottom lip. She was holding one of the biggest lollipops I've ever seen. "Please Harry?" she begged and I smirked.

"I have another big lollipop you can have," I said and she gasped. An old lady gasped and hit me in the arm with her purse.

"There are children," she said as I winced and Charlotte smirked. I nodded and smiled apologetically. She huffed and hobbled away. Charlotte bursts into laughter and I pouted.

"Oh my god," she said and I smiled. "So, will you buy me it?" she begged and I smiled. I nodded and she squealed, kissing my cheek. It tingled slightly from where her lips touched it and she ran off to the counter. I followed and she placed it in front of the lady. I handed over the money and Charlotte smiled widely as she took the bag from the lady. I grabbed her hand as we left the small candy shop next to entrance to California Adventure. I texted Liam and he said that they were in line for Tower of Terror.

"They're at Tower of Terror," I said and Charlotte froze. I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not getting on that death trap," she said and I laughed.

"Come on, I'll protect you," I said and she looked unsure, but followed me to the ride. I spotted them near the front and I gripped her hand tighter as I pulled her after me. Charlotte stopped and I turned to her. "What's up?"

"You know I heard about a guy who died on this? Yeah, it was the highest point and he just popped right out," she said and I laughed. I grabbed her hips and lifted her effortlessly over my shoulder. She gasped and I cheekily gripped her arse. She gasped and I laughed, carrying her over to the others. I set her down and she gripped my arm. "Harry," she snapped and I smiled. Her green eyes twinkled menacingly. I smiled and leaned down, kissing her nose. She scrunched it and my chest tingled. Her hand trailed down my arm and she held my hand. My hand completely enveloped hers and she smiled up at me.

"I'll protect you," I whispered. She blushed and I pecked her lips quickly. We looked back at the others but they were all looking at something on Meagan's phone. We walked over and Charlotte looked at it. She sighed. I looked and clenched my jaw. A news article was up, and me and Charlotte were kissing on the street. The headline said "Harry Styles has a new toy. Serious or just another fling?"

I gripped Charlotte's hand tighter and I felt her tug her hand slightly, but she kept it there.

"Charlotte..."

"It's fine,"

She looked away from the phone and smiled up at me. She put her hand on my shoulder and lifted onto her tiptoes, kissing my cheek again. I smiled and she poked my dimple. She went to ruffle my hair and I grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"If you guys are done being nauseating, we're getting on now," Jordan said and Charlotte looked over at them. She smiled and pulled me after her into the library. She looked at the books and I watched as she wiped the dust off of one. Suddenly the lights went out and I heard her squeak. My hand found hers and I squeezed it gently. The dark seemed to bother her. The screen in the corner of the room flicked to life and the light danced off of Charlotte's skin. She looked terrified. I pulled her closer to me and she grabbed my shirt.

"I told you, they're gonna kill us all," Charlotte whispered and I laughed. Everyone glared at us and I smiled at her.

"They're just telling us the story of the Tower of Terror," I whispered and she raised her eyebrows at me.

"That's what they want you to think,"

I chuckled and the door opened to lead into the room with a lot of pipes and such. Charlotte gripped my hand tighter as I followed the others. Liam had his arm around Meagan and Jordan and Niall were holding hands. Zayn and Louis were messing around and Charlotte looked as if she would cry at any moment. We got into the line for the elevator and I noticed how her chest started to heave. I turned her to face me and her eyes were wide.

"It's fine, nothing's gonna happen," I assured her and she blinked.

"Can I have one last kiss before we all die?" she said and I smiled.

"Course," I said and she pulled me down to her quickly. Our lips met and a thousand butterflies took over my stomach and started to drill holes. We pulled back as the elevator dinged and I pulled her into the front row. She sat down and buckled herself in, pulling tight on the yellow tab. She handed me the extra belt.

"Will you pull it?" she said and I smiled, tugging on it. She sighed and gripped my hand tightly. "If I die, I am going to kill you." she hissed and I smiled. I ran my thumb over her knuckles and she grabbed Jordan's hand too, who was on her other side. We started to move upward and she squeaked, squeezing my hand. She let go off Jordan's to pull me closer to her and I laughed. We stopped in the hall and the guy started to talk to us. The curtain's blew in and we jumped slightly. I smiled and kissed her cheek gently. She smiled slightly at me and we moved upward again. She pushed herself closer to me and grabbed my arm with her other hand. We stopped in the other hallway and the family waved at us. Her breathing was picking up and I looked at her. Her eyes were wide and she pulled me impossibly closer. Our belts were too tight. We were now going up through the galaxy and Charlotte loosened her grip slightly. Her eyes were still wide, but the stars were reflected in them. The windows opened and she was looking over Disneyland. She gripped me again and we dropped. She screamed in my ear loudly and I winced, but smiled. We went back up and she held onto my hand.

"Harry," she breathed before we dropped again. She screamed again and I smiled.

After a few more drops, we came back and Charlotte was practically attached to me. She looked up from my shoulder and smiled at me.

"See, you're not dead," I said and her smile grew. We stood up and she jumped onto my back. I didn't falter under her weight and I carried her out.

"That was so amazing," she said and everyone laughed. "I'm thrilled. I feel like I could do anything," she said and I laughed. We walked down the pier and she started to twirl my hair around her fingers. "Harry what are we?" she hummed in my ear and I licked my lips. She laid her cheek on my shoulder as we walked and I heard the others laughing and messing around. I heard Meagan's unmistakeable laugh and we stopped as a parade went by. A Phineas and Ferb float went by and Charlotte gasped.

"I love you Ferb!" she shouted and Ferb cupped a hand by his ear and put his hands over his heart before blowing a kiss. I frowned and she laughed. "What's wrong, is Harry jealous?" she said in a baby voice and I kept back my smile.

"Yes," I said and she laughed, hopping off my back. She walked around to face me and grabbed the back of my neck. She pulled me down to her and kissed me. I felt sparks bounce around my chest and she pulled back.

"What are we?" she said again and I hummed.

"I wanna take you out on a date," I said and she raised her eyebrows. "You know, after Disneyland," I added and she smiled. "Where are you from?"

"Los Angeles," she said and I smiled.

"How coincidental, we'll be staying there for a while," I said and her smile widened.

"Almost like fate," she said and I laughed. She hummed and kissed me. The sparks rolled through my skin.

I had only known her for a day and a half, and she was already under my skin.

The parade passed by and she ran ahead to Jordan and Meagan. She smiled widely as she linked arms with them and they all threw their heads back, laughing. I smiled and Louis thumped me on the back.

"Did you finally do it?" he said and I scoffed.

"What do you mean finally?" I said and he smiled. Niall, Zayn, and Liam were hanging behind us, laughing at something. Charlotte looked over her shoulder at me and smiled, waving.

I shoved my hands in my pocket and smiled back, then looked down.

"Mate, you're whipped," Louis said and I blushed, looking down.

"I am not,"

-------------------

I think it's long? Idk

Comment/Fan/Vote ? (;