Chapter Thirty Four

Dedicated to aliens, you’re out of this world.

--------------------------------------------------------------

*Harry’s POV*

According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves

Lying next to Charlotte, watching as she took in slow even breaths, I realized that she was my other half.

In media I was always labeled as a ‘ladies man,’ but I have never been able to explain why I was labeled that. I didn’t have many girlfriends, or one night stands, because they always left me leaving empty, incomplete.

When Charlotte came out of that crowd at Disneyland, I knew she would be different. I wouldn’t say I fell in love at first sight, because I didn’t.

It was gradual, starting with the way she looked at simple things, like cave walls, and fireworks. She looked at the dynamics, the way things were put together, the dedication it must have taken. She appreciated every detail of a painting, every aspect of a person. When she looks at me, I can feel her eyes picking me apart, finding my core.

She appreciates the human body as a machine, every part delicately put together in just the right way that it works. She believes in souls, saying the body is just the vessel, and the soul is millennia years old.

If this is true, I think Charlotte is an old soul. I think she was there since the beginning, one of the brightest and most beautiful souls God ever created. She’s seen mountains build, empire’s fall. She’s fallen in love with several other souls, and I feel fortunate to be one of them.

Or maybe I’m just lucky to be her other half.

Yes, falling in love was gradual, slow, but not unsuspected.

There are some things you just know.

You just know that you’re gonna pass that test on Friday.

You just know you’re mom is gonna kill you for dropping that vase.

I just knew I was going to fall in love with her.

She’s one of those people, so beautiful and complicated that it’s so easy to fall.

And I did.

“Harry, I can feel you staring at me,” she mumbled, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled fondly, and she opened her eyes, looking at me before smiling and closing them again. “You’re such a creep.”

“I’ll admit to that,” I said. She laughed and pushed my face away from hers.

“Come on loser, we need to pack, today’s leaving day,” she said. I groaned and flopped dramatically to my back, throwing my arm over my eyes.

“No, let’s stay here,” I mumbled. She laughed and threw a shirt at me as she wriggled into some skinny jeans.

“Will you clip my bra?” she asked. I nodded and stood up, clipping her bra before moving her hair to the side and slowly trailing kisses up her shoulder. “Packing!” she shouted, swatting me away. I laughed and pecked her cheek before pulling on some underwear and jeans.

“Don’t think we’re not going for round two,” I said. She rolled her eyes playfully, stuck her tongue out at me and pulled a hoodie over her head. My hoodie to be exact. “Stop stealing my stuff.”

“You like seeing me in your clothes.”

“I like seeing them on the floor,” I said lowly, moving closer to her and grabbing her hips. She raised her eyebrows at me.