Chapter Thirteen

*Charlotte's POV*

"Are you sure this is the right direction?" Harry said and took the map from me.

"As sure as my middle name is Johanna," I said and he frowned.

"But, I don't know your middle name,"

"Then you'll just have to trust me,"

I took the map back from him and started down the hill. He sighed and sped up to close the short distance between us. He grabbed my hand and I pointed off towards the Chinese theater. We crossed the street and a black van pulled up. Harry cursed and pulled me to hide behind a pillar.

"How'd they know?" he whispered more to himself then to me.

"I don't know, maybe because we were walking out in the open," I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and peeked out from behind the statue. "What's the big deal anyway? They already know about me, I haven't been able to turn my phone off of silent for days," I said. He turned to me.

"Yeah, that's the thing. If they see us out in public they'll know we're..." he stopped and I raised my eyebrows at him, "And they'll never let you out of their sights. They're viscious,"

"I think I can take it," I said and started to walk out from behind the statue. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Are you embarrassed to be seen with me? Is that it?" I snapped. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"No, no of course not, I just don't want people to make up lies about you, and I don't want you to get hate,"

"I already get hate Harry, and I'm fine. I don't care what anyone thinks about me," I said and he sighed, but nodded. He laced our fingers together and we stepped out from behind the statue. One of the paparazzi saw us and pointed us out, running over.

"Harry, Harry! Is this your girlfriend? You came all the way out to LA with her, didn't you?" he said and he pushed passed.

"Keep your head down," he mumbled to me and I did as he said. He pulled me through the quickly growing crowd and more vans started to pull up.

"Harry, you've been sighted with her multiple times! Are you two officially dating?" another said. He muttered a quiet 'excuse me' and we continue to push through the dense crowds of cameras and microphones. My hand slipped out of his and paparazzi filled the space between us.

"Charlotte, that is your name correct? Are you and Harry dating?" someone yelled.

"Charlotte, Charlotte!" was coming from everywhere. I shrunk back and felt someone grab my hand. I followed the arm to Harry's face and he gripped it tightly. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my head in his chest. I didn't care about the numerous flashes going off. He ran his hand up and down my back.

"It's okay now," he mumbled in my ear and I nodded into his chest. I took his hand and followed him back through the crowd. The paparazzi continued to swarm us.

We finally got into a building and the paparazzi stayed outside. I sighed and he smiled at me.

"Do you wanna just ditchthe sight seeing?" he said and I laughed.

"Yeah, I've seen everything already," I said and he smiled. "What do we do then?"

He hummed and pulled me into his arms. "We can just relax back at the house."

"Um, okay," I said and he glanced at the paparazzi taking pictures through the glass and screaming questions, as if we were gonna sign them the answer.

"I'll call Louis and have him pick us up," he said and I nodded. He pulled out his phone and dialed Louis' number. After a brief conversation, Harry hung up.