Chapter Sixteen

*Charlotte's POV*

My mom was bustling around the house, straightening picture frames and dusting old knick-knacks that haven't been touched in years.

"Ma, it's just a family reunion," I said, picking up one of the dozen cupcakes and swooped up some of the pink fluffy icing. She turned and glared at me as I sucked on my finger.

"'It's just a family reunion,'" she mocked and rolled her eyes. "Which your dad's mother is coming to. You know how she is."

"Mom," I whined and took another fingertip of frosting.

"Don't touch those," she snapped and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, it' just a family reunion," I repeated and she sighed.

"Yes, but it's our family reunion. And, I've invited Blake," she said and I dropped the cupcake. It splattered on the floor. "Charlotte!"

"You invited Blake?" I gasped and she sighed.

"His mother is a close family friend, Gramma practically forced me," she said and I hopped off the counter.

"I'm not leaving my room if he comes," I snapped and her eyes suddenly lit up.

"Why don't you invite Harry? Invite Jordan and Meagan too, and their boys,"

"Liam and Niall, Mom,"

"Yeah, invite them! That way if Blake wants to talk to you, you're surrounded by people who won't let him near you,"

"Don't you think it's a little awkward to invite Harry, Liam, and Niall? I mean, it's not like they're family, and it's not like they're married to us." I opened the fridge and pulled out a Sunny D.

"They can come as your dates?"

"Since when do you get a date to a family reunion?"

"Since your ex is coming and you want to make him jealous."

I looked at my mom. She was forty six, and she still thought like a teenager.

"No, I'm not inviting them," I said and took a drink of my Sunny D.

"Invite them. That's not an option. Plus, aren't they only in LA for a few more days?"

"Six,"

"Six more days and you're gonna pass on opportunities to hang out with them as much as possible?"

"Fine," I huffed and grabbed my phone, starting to walk out of the room. "I think you might like Harry even more than I do." I heard her chuckle and I plopped down in an armchair a good distance away. I dialed Harry's number and he picked up on the third ring.

"Hey Char," he said and I heard the boys ooh in the background.

"Hey Harry. It's perfectly okay for you to say no to this okay?"

"Okay?"

"Okay. My mom wants me to invite you and Liam and Niall over for my family reunion. You can totally say no if you want. In fact, I would like if you said no."

"Um, sounds nice. I'll ask the others,"

"Be sure to tell them that they can say no," I sighed and heard him talking to the others.

"Yeah, we'd love to come."

"Oh fantastic. I'll see you in about an hour?"

"Sounds great."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I texted Jordan and Meagan and they said that they would come too.