Larkle Vs School council

Lily Friar sat at a table, using colouring pencils to draw the flag she always sees around her house and her daddy's holding hands underneath it.

She was singing the rainbow happily before the drawing was snatched from her hand.

"What is this?!" Her first grade teacher demanded.

"My daddy's!" Lily exclaimed excitedly, glad that the teacher was looking at her art.

"This is disgraceful!" The woman said angrily, ripping the picture in half.

"You do not draw such things in my class. This is shoving homosexuality in the students faces and I will not have it in my classroom." She argued, waving the torn remains of the picture in the little girls face.

Lily burst in to tears.

She stood up, pushed her chair back into the table and ran.

She ran out the door, ignoring her teachers screams.

Once outside Lily looked around, she had no idea where to go, she was only 5 after all.

Deciding on a path, she ran onto the road.

Farkle Friar was driving into the school, he always liked to get there early. It gave him time to do paperwork and it made sure he was there as soon as Lily got out.

He looked down at the paperwork in the drivers side with a heavy sigh.

He looked up just in time to see his daughter standing in the middle of the road.

The little girl ran out of the way, falling onto the sidewalk.

Farkle stopped the car and jumped out, running over to his little girl.

"Lily sweetie. What happened?" He asked looking at the little girl, she had grazed knees, was clutching her wrist and she had an alarming cut on her forehead.

"Daddy!" She cried, huffing Farkle.

"Sweetie where's your teacher?" He asked quietly, not to upset the little girl.

"She- she yelled at me!" The little girl was hysterical.

"Aww baby." He said, picking the little girl up and placing her into her car seat.

Once she was strapped safely in, he hopped in the drivers side and started the car.

"Call husband." He asked Siri as they drove.

"Hello?" He heard a tired Lucas ask.

"Hey babe, I know you're on night shift tonight but I need you to call the school ask what the fuck happened and then meet me at the hospital."

"The hospital?!? Farkle what the hell happened?" Lucas demanded through the phone.

"I don- I don't know- Lucas I found her in the street." Farkle said, letting years run down his face.

"Aww baby it's okay, I'll call the school and meet you there soon." Lucas said, trying to calm his husband down.

"Okay- okay, we'll be okay." He whispered, as Lucas hung up.

He looked back at his daughter, who was crying, clinging to her iron man plushy.

"We'll be okay baby girl," he said, wiping his eyes,

"We'll be okay."

***

"Lily Friar?" A nurse called.

Farkle picked up his daughter and rushed to the door.

"Hi sweetie." The nurse said cheerily.