Joshaya- Proposal

"Hey babe." Josh heard his girlfriend of 4 years answer. He had called her, craving her voice even after all this time.

"Hey Hart," He chuckled. "Are you busy after work?"

"Let me check my schedule." She joked, her phone tucked between her chin and her ear as she let her fingers shape the clay.

Josh smiled, Maya Penelope Hart was the most stubborn person he had met, even to this day.

"Hmm, maybe I can fit you in. What did you have in mind?" She teased.

Josh laughed. "Chinese food, and maybe a B grade comedy." He flirted.

"Well don't you know how to treat a lady?" Maya laughed.

"See you at six?" He asked, his voice hopeful.

"Definitely." She whispered, hanging up the phone.

Josh smiled, placing his hand in his pocket and hoping against hope that for once Maya Hart would agree with him.

***

When Josh entered Maya's loft he could hear the familiar sound of rock music blaring from her art studio.

It was a funny habit, but somehow loud, emotional music had always helped Maya paint.

"Babe!" Josh called over the noise.

"Babe!" He screamed, letting out a laugh as he saw Maya, sitting in front of a pottery machine with her tongue stuck out and her hair in a messy bun. Clay was everywhere, on the ground, in her hair and on her clothes.

He turned off the radio.

Maya turned, just noticing his existence. 

"Baby!" She exclaimed, clambering toward him and jumping into his arms.

"Ohhh Hart!" Josh laughed, clay was now smeared all over both of them.

Maya chuckled, running her fingers through Josh's hair.

"Oh I'm sorry about the mess." She snipped, her mouth forming an evil smile.

"You will be." He quipped, dropping the girl.

She landed on her butt.

"Ow." She pouted.

"Aww baby." Josh said with a sarcastic sympathy.

Maya raised her hands like a small child.

"Forgive me." She pleaded.

Josh picked her back up.

"How could I say no to you?" He asked, kissing the girl.

Maya smiled. "Let's get cleaned up, before the Chinese delivery man gets here." She whispered in Josh's ear.

He shivered. "Sounds great."

***