Chapter 23: Breakfast

GUMBALL'S POV

"Gumball. Come on bubba, wake up!" I felt cold hands that I recognized so well shake my body, bringing me from dreamland to the reality. My eyes fluttered open to see none other than marshal lee starring down at me. "Morning my sleeping Prince." He said with a smirk. "Morning..." I said sleepily, "why are you still here?" "Remember last night, we were watching a movie and you fell asleep. I didn't want to leave but I didn't want to wake you up, so I just slept here. But don't worry I don't sleep long, so when someone came in to check on you I turned invisible." He said. I nodded and sat up. "Okay, you didn't have to stay you know." I said as I crawled out of bed. "I know, I wanted to." He said, floating up and around my room.
I walked over to my walk in closet and started going through clothes. "What are you doing today, Marshal lee?" I asked. "Nothing much, no school today." He responded, "You?" "I have a meeting tonight at 7pm, but the rest of the day is free for me." I said. "You want to go get some breakfast?" Marshal asked. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. "Are you sure? I thought you wanted us to be a secret..." I said. "I do, but we're just getting breakfast. No one from school is usually in the candy kingdom anyways. And I can always make something up." He said. I nodded.
I knew this was what marshal wanted, but I didn't really like having our relationship a secret. I wanted to hold his hand in public and go on dates outside of my castle or his house. I sighed as I pulled out my clothes for the day out of my closest. I always have to where my price clothes when I'm staying inside the can't kingdom.
"Sure marshal, just let me change." I said. "Okay." I waited for him to leave, but he stayed put. "Uh, marshal, are you gonna leave so I can change?" I asked. "Why? We both have the same parts." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and pointed to my bathroom. "Fine I'll be in there." I said.
I walked into my bathroom and closed the door and got changed and fixed my hair. When I was done I walked out and saw marshal putting on his sun hat, gloves, and boots. "Ready?" He asked. "Yeah, let's go." I said.
I managed to get marshal out of the castle unseen, and we were out on the town in no time.
I wanted to reach down and grab his hand, but I knew he would just yell at me and pull away. Sometimes it doesn't feel like we're even dating, the only times it does is when he's kissing me or calling me his Prince. I shook the thought off as we walked into the buttercup caffè. Marshal went up and ordered himself one of those fruit bowls, and I ordered a coffee and a breakfast sandwich, and we sat down at one of the booths to eat.
For a while we just talked about random things, how marshal's music was doing. "I'm opening for a band next month, I'm pretty excited, they 're a big deal." He Said. He continued to talk about his gig, and I loved listening to him. The way his eyes lit up when he talked about the thing he loves, his music, just makes me happy. He looks so happy when he talks about his music.
As marshal takes a moment to suck on a cherry, I see a girl walk in with a group of other teens. I've never seen her before, she had long platinum blonde hair and a silver crop top on with back leggings and silver flats. She looked around the place until her eyes fell on Marshal, then her eyes lit up.
"Marshie!!" She squealed. Marshal turned around and looked at her, and his face turned into a dumbfounded smile. She ran over and hugged him. "Marshie I've missed you!!" She cooed. "Ashley! Wh-what are you doing here?!" He asked. "I came back. I missed this old land of aaa, and you, of course. Did you miss me?" She asked, keeping her arms around his shoulders. "Absolutely." Marshal said.
Wait a second, he said her name was Ashley. Is she the Ashley Fiona told me about? The one who had marshal wrapped around her finger, then broke his heart? She can't just come back here and act like nothing happened, can she?!
Her view moved from marshal to me, and her smile turned to a face of disgust. "Um, marshie, who is this?" She said, gesturing towards me. "Oh, ah, um, This is none other than Prince Gumball of the candy kingdom." Marshal said. I put on a fake smile, "Greetings. It is very nice to meet you." I said. Her face lit up when she heard the word "Prince", "oh, Prince Gumball! I'm sorry, I interrupted you're Guy's meeting. I'll be going them, but marshie, sweetie, we must get back in touch! We have to hand out again, just you and me."
She pulled out a sharpie and wrote her phone number on his arm. "Here's my new phone number. Text me, okay?" She asked. "Totally." Marshal replied. "Cool! See you later, marshal!" She ran back to her group of teens and left. "So, that's the famous Ashley I've heard about." I said. "You've heard about her? Ah, Fiona must've told you. Yeah, well it's really nice to see her Again." He said, putting another strawberry in his mouth. "Yeah...." I said.
I really didn't like this Ashley girl.
A little while later marshal took me home. I told him a had work I needed to do so that he could just go home. He kissed me on the forehead before leaving, and for some reason that action only brought heartache.
I thought about it as I walked back to my room. It must've been about the whole Ashley thing. I really don't want to loose marshal to her. I tried not to think about it, but it kept popping back up.
I don't want marshal to be hurt by her again.

-
-
-
-
AAAND here we are again, back with the drama. What do you think? Will marshal get tied back in with Ashley again?
Whoo knnoowwsss
Hope you liked this chapter. I know all my chapters are short :/