Chapter 26: Mornings

MARSHAL LEE'S POV

   I woke up on my living room floor with a horrible headache. "Oww..." I got up and walked to my kitchen and drank down a few pain killers and floated up to my bedroom.
    I started remember what happened last night. Dancing, drinking, racing-, oh man, I probably looked so cool when I won that race. That was amazing! Good thing no one called the cops. Or maybe some one called Fiona and cake, and that's why they showed up and took me to gumball's-
Gumball.
I broke up with Gumball last night. I let this sink in, running my hand through my messy hair and laid down on my bed.  Honestly, the only thing I regret was the worlds I used. I don't regret dumping him.
   I mean, let's be honest, we're not men't to me. He's to different from me, and Ashley was right, maybe I was just experimenting, I mean, girls are hotter than guys anyways. And Ashley is one hot chick, not to mention she's fun, she understands me, and she's loved me all this time. We were always the perfect couple before they fight, and I know she's changed.
     I decided to call Ashley and see how's she's doing. I pulled out my phone and sat up on my bed, and eagerly dialed her number.
    "Hello?" I heard her sweet voice sing through the phone. "Hey ash, it's marshal lee, how are you feel-" "marshy! I'm so glad you called!" I smiled. "Yeah, how are you feeling?" I asked, "ugh, my head hurts, I've got such a hangover. The party didn't go on to long after you left, just a few hours. Ugh, I can't believe that girl took you away, that was so lame." She said with a sigh. "I know, sorry about that. Hey Ashley, did you really come back to see me again?" I asked
    "Well yeah, that was one of the reasons." She said. "Well, maybe I was being to strict before. If your not seeing anyone-"
"Marshal, are you saying you want to date me? What about that... Guy?" "I dumped him last night, like I said, it was just an experiment. Now that your back, I want you." She squealed.
"Oh marshy! We're the perfect couple again!" She kissed the phone. "I gotta go tell my girls! See you at school tomorrow babe!" "See ya babe." And with that, she hung up.
    I smiled, and laid back on my bed. "That's right, marshal lee is back baby." I said to myself, my heart a flutter.
But, for some reason, I still felt uneasy.

Gumball's POV
"I'm such an idiot." I said as I sat in Fiona's house. "No your not, stop saying that. You were in love-" "I'm still in love, but now marshal's gone and dating some other girl. He never loved me like I love him." Tears fell from my eyes as I sank into Fiona's hug.
   "Thanks for listening, I know you and marshal are close. " I said. "Of course bubba, listen he might be my friend, but that doesn't mean he's not an idiot. He's just a confused loser right now who's stuck on an old love, he'll come to his senses eventually." Fiona cooed.
     "I don't think so, I just don't want him to get himself hurt again. But, if he's happy..." I turned to look at Fiona, and smiled, "I'm happy!"
    "Gumball..." She hugged me, "your so cute I can't take it!!!" "Aghh, Fiona! Lemmie  go!!"

******************************

The next morning I woke up and prepared myself for school. I took a shower and put on a pink T shirt and a pair of blue jeans, my purple benie and pink converse. I walked downstairs and grabbed my book bag, and stood outside of my palace.  I'm going to have to see marshal with a different lover today. I sighed, it's time I try to get over him, and this is the start.
      I walked down the street to the school, and saw people running and walking around the school with their friends, couples holding ands and kissing under the trees. I kept my head down as I walked into the school, trying to avoid eye contact. I walked to my locker and started putting things away.
    "buuuubbbbaaa!!!" I heard someone yell. I turned to see Fiona run up and hug me. "Ah- Fi! What-let go!" She laughed and let me go. "Hey Gumball." Flame said, standing next to Fiona. "Hey flame." I greeted.
     "I heard.....I'm sorry bud." Flame said. I smiled sadly. "It's oaky, I'm trying to get over him now. As long as he's happy, I'm happy. " flame smiled. "That's real brave of you pal."
     "YO, MARSHAL LEE!!" I heard someone yell that name through the halls. I turned to see marshal strutting Down  the hall, holding hands with Ashley and all around the most popular and pretty kids in school. I heard a lot of, "Ashley's back, yay!", "they got back together? How cute!" "They're hot as always". 
  I turned away from the commotion, highly un pleased. I thought to myself, please don't look over here, please please please don't look at me.
  "Come on Gumball, let's just go to class." Fiona said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Y-yeah." I said, and followed Fiona away from marshal.

But I could feel marshals eyes fall on me as I walked away.

-
-
-
-
-
Short chapter. This is hurting me, I hate having my OTP hate each other :,(