Closure - 40

I felt bad for how I left it.
So here I am now, a few years later, giving you a short chapter to tie things all back together and ending it.
Thank you for all the support. I might write a new fanfic for either Marshall and Gumball, or Keith and Lance from voltron. But, please go check out my new and up coming story "Accepting Blue" with my original characters, now on my profile :)

Third person POV

School came sooner than gumball thought.
Marshall lee is amazing. Finally getting him back in such a romantic way just made his heart swell. He couldn't stop thinking about him after he left that morning.
But he was still nervous.
Insecure.
Gumball is not a popular kid. There are so many people in school who would love to be with Marshall- love to see him with a hot girl like Ashley. Who would hate to see such a nerdy guy like him with a masterpiece like Marshall.
But things are different.
Marshall was confused in what he wanted. He had trauma that he had to work through, and In turn ended up hurting the person he actually loved- Gumball.
But he fixed it. He realized his mistakes and that Ashley wasn't what he wanted, or needed. That the one who he needs has been right there in front of him the whole time.
Gumball is who he loves, Gumball is who he needs. And now that he realizes that, he's not going to let him go again.
But of course, Gumball is still nervous.

When the morning of school came around, Gumball tried to look his best.
He took a shower and tried on different styles of clothes, but in the end he just went with his usual look- a light pink sweater, dark pink skinny jeans, and white shoes.
Once he decided he looked decent enough, and worked up the courage, he grabbed his things and headed down to school.

He nervously walked along the pavement, his hands in his pockets. He's been nervous about test scores and bullies, but never about relationships. He's never really bothered before he started this endeavor with Marshall lee. He doesn't regret the things he's done with him, though. No, Marshall lee is perfect. Everything about him is perfect. His personality, his body, his voice, his hair, his eyes. He's so lucky.

He was busy thinking about him that he was barely paying attention when he walked up to the school. He spotted his boyfriend, standing in a crowed as always. It didn't matter if it was girls- which it mostly was-or boys, he's still a bit jealous, worried and insecure.
Will Marshall still want to be out?
He doesn't want to change his mind, right?
What if he changed his mind overnight?
What if he got nervous??
What if he decided he's actually straight???
What if he doesn't actually love him???
What if-
"Hey, gummy!"

He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt an arm around him, and he looked up to see none other than Marshall lee.
This man can always make him blush.
"Marshall!"
Gumball said, looking up into his eyes.
Marshall smiled, pulling him into his chest.
"Hey bubba, happy you're here. I actually got here before you. You're slacking~".
He leaned down to kiss his head, some people looking surprised from that.

"Marshall lee, you're gay?"
"You're dating Gumball?"
"When did that happen?"
Marshall smiled and shrugged, simply nodding and saying that Gumball is his boyfriend before pulling away, Gumball still in his arm.
"Hey, you look worried."
Marshall said, looking down at Gumball.
He pulled his arm away and held his hand, intertwining their fingers.
"Don't be. Whatever happens, we will face it together. I want to be with you. There's no way I'm losing you a second time."
He smiled and leaned down to peck his lips, Gumball happily kissing back.
"I love you."
Gumball whispered, his cheeks still a rosy color.
"I love you too, bubba."
"Please don't call me that."
"Never!"

With that, they happily walked back into the school.
Not everyone was fully accepting and Marshall lost some friends, but he didn't need them anyways.
His love for his true friends and Gumball was all he really needed.
Gumball was going to be his forever.

The End.

Thanks for reading !
I hope this last chapter inspired you to go check out my new story, Accepting Blue, and adding it to your reading list so you can see when I post a part!
Even though this writing isn't the best, I'm thankful for you all reading it!
Stay tuned for my new story, and possible future fan fictions.
Much love,
- Dakota ❤️