First Day at Work

Leanne's POV

After filling in numerous sheets of paper and explaining that I do not have a bank account yet and agreeing that I would be paid in cash, getting two sets of uniform answering more questions which they were not happy about as my answers were very vague.

At last I was set free, with instructions to be here at six thirty prompt and that I was to clean the executive suite on the top floor and to report to Mrs Carmichael in the housekeeping department on the first floor, just ask the security guard on reception.

I made why way down to the lobby with two large bags of clothes one in each hand.

Struggling out of the elevator, I made my way to the door, when I felt a presence behind me, I knew who it was before he spoke, his masculine scent wafted across my nose making me instinctively inhale, I slunk down a bit, god what's this all about I don't need this.

"Well Leanne are you all set for your new job?" he asked politely.

"Yes thank you and thanks for your help" I said with a forced friendly smile on my face.

"Good, I was wondering if you required a lift home, as you are carrying heavy bags"

"It's okay thank you my Nan is picking me up in her car" I lied as she doesn't possess a car.

With that I hurried out the door, turning to see him still watching me, I waved a bag in the air as though acknowledging someone and hurried down the street out of his view. Before I slowed down to trudge the four miles home.

Just over an hour and a half later I wearily enter home, where Nan was in the kitchen preparing lunch.

"Hey Lea, how did you get on?" she asked.

"Great Nan I got the job and I start tomorrow at six thirty" I replied excitedly.

"Well did you see the great Ray Barrett" she said laughing.

"Actually I met both of them" I said.

"Both" she said "Sit have a cup of coffee and tell me all about it"

I grabbed a mug made a coffee and did precisely that.

And when Chloe came in and enquired how I got on and after her squealing and hugging session was over I explained it all again to her.

At four in the morning I dragged myself out of bed and staggered to the bathroom, this after I had hurled abuse and other things at the alarm clock.
Taking a quick shower, dressing in my new uniform and grabbing a cereal bar and the sandwiches I had prepared the previous evening. Tiptoeing out the house so as not to wake anyone I started the long walk to work.

Arriving in the lobby at six fifteen, I was pointed in the right direction by the security guard on reception, I knocked on the door to housekeeping and entered when commanded to do so.

Mrs Carmichael was not how I envisioned her to be, she was younger than I thought with short dark hair almost black, cut into a Bob, large pink rimmed glass making her look like an exotic owl, quite a large women with a chubby red cheeked face almost like one of Santa's elves.

On seeing me enter she rushed over to shake my hand, everything Mrs Carmichael did was at an alarming speed as if she was constantly in a rush.

"Mrs Masters, so glad you are here I Emily Carmichael, I supervise the cleaning of the building, I need you to clean the top floor, floor thirty There are three offices, The CEO,s Mr Barrett senior, The Office used by Mr Barrett junior when he's here and the Penthouse suite that Mr Barrett junior uses when he's here"