This girl Changed my Life

A few weeks later

Leanne's POV

The weeks following my announcement of being Colton's boyfriend, going out anywhere has been hell, reporters dogged my steps wherever I went, I had two more security personnel assigned to me as well as Alex permanently at my side.

I was bombarded with questions ranging from my court appearance to life with the Barrett's, marriage plans, children plans and so on and so on.

But as the weeks went by the attention lessened, the extra security wasn't needed, so it was just Alex and me strolling down the street when.

"Excuse me" came a small child's voice and a tugging on my skirt, I looked down and saw an absolutely adorable girl long chestnut hair, deep blue haunted eyes a sweet rounded face, then the realisation set in the child was dirty and dressed in old torn mismatched clothes old sandals on her feet, no socks.

"Are you Leanne Masters"

I crouched down and looked into the frightened face before replying.

"Yes ma'am that's me, do I know you?"

"No I'm Amelia Carter and I'm seven, my brother Joseph is nine, we ran away from home like you because daddy hits us and touches me and makes me cry, mummy doesn't want us and shouts and hits me, look"
She lifted her tatty shirt up revealing large whelps on her tummy and back.

"See" she continued "And when we heard what you and your sister did, we thought if you could be brave then so could we, now we are trying to find somewhere to live just like you"

Tears lined my eyes,this sweet girl was suffering like Chloe and I had, I couldn't let that happen, but wait it's not just Amelia and Joseph there are lots more, Rosie was right I needed to do something, I stood, this sweet little girl, had shown me what I must do.

I stood up a new resolve burning through me.

"Right Amelia, let's get Joseph we gonna fine you a home, but first how does MacDonald's sound.

I couldn't hold it anymore when that little girls face lit up with the biggest smile I've seen.

"You mean it? " she squealed. As we walked down the alley holding hands to find Joseph, I took my phone and and without hesitation rang the number.

"Rosie Black speaking how may I help"

"Rosie, it's Leanne Masters"

"Oh" she said in a deflated voice "how can I help Ms Masters"

"I will do it!" I said.

"What you mean you'll do the interview?"

"Yes and Rosie, I'm doing the no holds barred interview"

I could hear her squeal in excitement, before she gained her composure and said.

"May I ask why you changed your mind"

I answered straight away.

"Yes, Amelia Carter aged seven, ring me back when you have all the details and a date, I'm going to lunch now with some friends.

This was it thank you Amelia Carter aged seven.

Thank you for the new me.

Alex looked at me, what with tears in her eyes!

" Alex" I quipped. "Can I have a photo to show the guys"

"Don't you dare" she said wiping a tear away.

"Leanne, I am so proud to be your friend, I wish I could be half as brave as you"

I stopped dead and turned to her with what must have been a look of shock, because Alex continued.