Chapter 3

(Part 3)

Layla P.O.V

I stopped looking at August and turned my vision to The guy that was flirting with me but Kim was blushing so I  just kept quiet.

Chris- So what's ya name ma?
Kim- I'm Kimberly... but you can call me Kim, this my cousin Lala
Layla- Kim!
Kim- What?????!!! Oh. She doesn't like to be called lala in public.
Layla- Noooo, only family members and close friends can call me Lala.
Chris-*chuckles* Well why?
Layla- why you ask a lot of questions?
Chris- Just trying to get ta know ya ma.

-

I was trying to get to my locker but as I turned the corner I bumped into someone dropping all my books. I didn't even bother to look up. I had to picked up all my books and seen Kim speed by me.

???- I'm sorry ma.
Layla- Yea yea...its fine.
Kim- First day of school and going to be late for 2nd period...C'mon girl.
Layla-*getting all her stiff following her* I'm coming

-

Kim-*walking out of the class room*  Social Studies boring!
Layla- It's Ight.
Kim- What next?
Layla- Home and Career.
Kim- Yay...*rolls her eyes*
Layla-*laughs*

We walked into Home and Career and sat in the back Teddy walked into the class and sat in the back with us. Then August came in and pulled a chair next to me.

Kim- What are you doing?
August- Give me your hand ma.
Layla- What? why?
August-*lifts her bracelet up*
Layla- *looks at her empty wrist* How'd you get that?
Kim- Is that the bracket uncl (GCO)
Layla- Yea... My papa gave it to me.
August-*puts it on ha wrist*
Layla- My papa also told me I couldn't have a boyfriend. Member that August?
August- I (GCO)
Layla- Sorry? Yea I know. (she said being sarcastic) Just stay away from me...Please.
August- I don't know if I can do that ma.
Layla- Why?
August- You will know sooner or lata
Layla-*puts her ear buds in*

-

August P.O.V

The bell Rung...Lunch I thought I seen Layla putting all her stuff away and grabbing her keys. Then her phone lit up and her dimples a paired with a hugs smile and then her hazel eyes started to sparkle. She picked her phone up and placed it by her ear still getting ha stuff. It was only us in here. But Kim came back and sooner or lata Nia came. I sighed running my hand through my curls. She then came a along with her best friend.

Layla-*standing up fixing her outfit*
Kim- M.C.D's?
Layla-*nods*
Nia- Why is this girl around you again?
Ashley- Gurrl she probably want your nigga.
Nia- Okay I understand that today is the first day of school an (GCO)
Layla- Hold on papa....Can yall shut the fuck up? Like no one wants your nigga. If anything your nigga wants me*gets her keys* Let's go Kim.
Kim- *getting her purse leaving*
Layla- No...It's just these petty girls*leaving the classroom*

-

Last Period.

Teddy and Layla was talking and Nia was sitting next to me talking I didn't know if Kim was in this class or not because I ain't see ha. I looked over at Teddy again and he looked ova at me. Then I looked at Nia and he nodded his head.

Teddy-*coughing and sneezing towards Nia*
Nia- Ew don't get me sick! Bae I'll be in the front of the class *walks I'm the front and sits in the front*
Layla- Teddy you alright?
Teddy- I'm fine.
Layla-*nods*
Teddy- Where you going after this?
Layla-*sighs* I'm going to pick my brother and sister up from school then I'm going to work then the mall with Kim.
Teddy- Where you work at?
Layla- *looks up from her paper* Tops.
Teddy- *puts his password in and goes to his contact then gives it to her*
Layla- You want my number?
Teddy- You gone give it to meh?
Layla- Is that how you ask?
Teddy- *sighs playfully rolling his eyes*
Layla-*giggles*
Teddy- Oh Layla....Are you willing to give your best friend since kindergarten your number so I won't be hart broken?
Layla- Hmmm...I'll think about it.*laughing*
Teddy - *frowns*
Layla- Alright alright... I'll put it in...Geesh! Crybaby.
Teddy- Thank you best friend.
Layla-*starts doing her work* You welcome.

-

I was putting stuff in my locker grabbing my book bag ready to go home. I felt a slight tap on my shoulder I turned around and Seen Layla. She had her purse on one hand and her phone in the other she looked up at me and started to nib on ha lip. when I tell ya it was the sexist thing Eva....It was the sexist thing I eva seen

Layla- I just wanted to say thank you....For giving me my bracelet back. I really would have died if I seen it was gone.
August- No problem. Listen since ya speaking to me I was just thinking...we go out to eat or something to talk about the past. I wanna tell ya why I was acting like that in the first place ma.
Layla- Um Yea...When?
August- When eva yah free.
Layla- Okay....My number is(GCO)
Kim- Layla C'mon there fighting outside!!*runs outside*
Layla- Then dont go out dea'! I'm sorry I have to go get her before she get in the fight herself.
August- Ight...

-
Layla P.O.V

I walked in the house with my brother and sister. Soon as I got in the kitchen they started talking and then they faced me.

Loren-(Her mom) How was school baby?
Layla- It was ight.
Antonio-(Her dad) So baby girl we got a call from your home & Career teacher.
Layla- Oh...Why?
Papa- Just talking about the trip your on for break.
Layla- I have to go?
Mama- Mo credits Hija.
Layla- What's it about?
Mama- It's about home and Careers like cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc.
Layla- mama. I don't want to go.
Mama- Hija that's to bad...Your going.
Layla- Fine but I got to go to work.
Papa- Be safe baby girl.
Mama- I love you Hija.
Papa- Oh so you not gone say WE love her?....You the only one who loves her?
Avion- I love you big sister.
Ava- I love you Lala.
Papa-*pulls Loren close to him and whispers in her ear* I know what you love...This d(GCO)
Mama- *whispers in his ear*Maybe we can go for another round of last night.
Papa- Maybe *kisses her*
Mama-*kisses him back*
Layla- ew...but I love you guys to...see ya later.

Tbc...

Sorry for errors❤