Chapter 18

(Part 18)

Next Morning⛅️

August POV

I looked over at Layla doing her hair in the mirror.

Layla- You were post to wake me up early.
August- Mybad stank.
Layla- Get in the shower. I told my grandma Janice I would be there to help her and my papa.
August- Can I just meet ya dea?
Layla- Yea. But August you need to get up fa' real.

She said as she unplugged the iron rolling it up and putting it away. She then began to clean her mess and grabbed her phone.

Layla- If your not at the beach by 11 I'm coming back here and dragging you by(GCO)
August- I'm finna get in da shower na mom geesh!
Layla-*giggles* I'll see you at the beach.

Layla POV

I pulled up to the beach seeing my papa and his 2 other sister and grandma Janice I rolled my eyes once I seen Lisa. I don't have no respect for her. I got out the car getting all the paper plates and paper forks and spoons along with the paper cups out with me. I went to Walmart before I got here. I sat everything down on the table and and greeted everyone besides Lisa.

-

Ava- Oh my gosh!!! Can I have him?
Layla- No you cannot have my puppy Ava.
Ava- You think Papa can get me one?

I looked over at Papa and Lisa all hugged up and kissy kissy. I cleared my throat once I looked back at Midnight. Ava and Avion wanted to see him and he haven't been out since I got him so I had Kim drop him off on her way to work.

Layla- I don't know Ava. You gotta ask him.

She nodded and ran off to Papa. I looked down at midnight. Pulling my phone out taking a selfie with him. I looked up when I seen a shadow coming over me.

Layla- Hey Aunt Carry.
Carry- Hey baby. You look so pretty.*spins her around*
Layla- Thank you Aunti so do you. Your glowing.
Carry- Oh girl you know I gotta slay and j got that special someone in my life...but shhhh*spins around*
Layla-*giggles*
Carry-Let me see this cute puppy of yours. *holds her arms out*
Layla-*gives her Midnight*
Carry- He's adorable. What's his name?
Layla- Midnight.*smiles*

My frowned deepened once a smell of her perfume smelled familiar to me like she's been around me 24/7. She handed me Midnight once he was movin to much. I looked over at August pulling up. Aunt Carry sat next to me as she pet Midnight.

Carry- When did you get him?
Layla- Couple days ago my best friend gave it to me as a gift.
Carry- Aw that's cute. Your best friend really likes you if he bought you a puppy.

She looked up and her eyes widen a little but she soon began to cheese like a big kid. I looked up at Teddy getting out the car with him. Teddy came over and hugged me while August stayed back. I introduced him to my Aunt. They talked a bit then left leaving me and Teddy alone talking. He took Midnight away from as he pet him. I turned around and seen Aunt Carry hugging all over August while he pushed her away slightly. I walked over there and August looked like he seen a fucking gosht.

Layla- Heyyy...You two know each other?
August-(GCO)
Carry- Yea. Member I was telling you I have that special someone in my life?
Layla- It's August?!
Carry- Yea!! How do you know him?
Layla- He was my best friend.
Carry- Is that why you said we see each other no more? Because your best friends with my niece? Baby us*points between him and her* can't end.
August- Ms. Ross listen you just a hit it and quit it(GCO)
Layla- Y'all had sex?! Is that we're you be. When I ask bout you smelling like perfume?
August- La(GCO)
Layla- Were you at my Aunt house having sex when I blowing ya phone up?
August- *reaches for her hand*St(GCO)
Layla-*slaps his hand away* Yes or No?
August- ...Yea but I didn't even know that was ya Aunt until like a half a month ago.
Layla- You could of told me um like a half a month ago August. But instead you lied to me and kept it away from me! For soo....long.
Carry- Why are you so mad? Y'all are just best fiends.
Layla-*shots her eyes to Carry* Were best friends. That's discussing. Then you come to MY house and get in MY bed kissin and hugging on me August are you fucking serious?!?!!!
August- Is bestf(GCO)
Layla- were