Chapter 29

(Part 29)

1 more hr until they have to walk across the stage.

Layla POV

I paced back and forth with no shoes on calling him again. I fixed my hair as I looked at my self through the body length mirror. I wore my nude color long sleeve dress with the back cut down showing my entire back. My red bottom heels.(Y'all seen her shoes) were sitting next to the couch.

My hair was flowing down my back with tight long curls. I did my make up and added some gold hoop earrings on and my nails was already done. I bit my lip since it went straight to voicemail.

Layla- Teddy can you please try calling him. I'm getting worried.
Alex- Why is you tripping over him?? I thought you wasn't talking to him.
Layla- I'm not talking to him. But he needs to be here.
Teddy- He not answerin.
August- I'm right here. *walks in the room*

I froze and looked at him. I walked over to him and took his tie out doing it the right way.

August-*mumbles* Thank you.

I fixed his jacket and handed him his Rolex he left at my house.

Hazel- Y'all we gone be right back.
Alex-*nods*

I watched as Hazel and Crystal left then Kim on her phone and Teddy on Snapchat feeling himself. I turned around and seen Alex fixing his makeup. I sat on the end of the couch. Getting on my phone. I felt the couch deepened, I looked up at August pulling his phone out.

Hazel and Crystal walked back in with Jade. Crystal and Jade sat down between us.

Jade- Why everyone so quiet? Turn up.
Crystal- You okay?
Layla-*nods clearing her throat* yea I'm fine.
Crystal- Your eye color is black.
Layla-Really?
Crystal-*nods*
Layla- Oh.
Jade- What y'all like not dating or something?
Crystal-They never was dating smart person.
Jade- y'all not being next to each other look weird as hell.

It feels weird as hell. Lord knows I want him to hold me right now. But he wants the streets and Ima let him have it.

-

Alex- It's time y'all.

I nodded and took my phone off the charger. I put my legs down off the couch finna put my heels on but they got token outta my hand. I watched him put it on and buckle it doing the same to my other foot. I looked up at Jade recording up.

Layla-Thanks.
August-Mhm

-

I hugged my mom tight. After listening to 5 people give long long speeches about our future and after all of us crossed the stage.

Loren- Aweeee Hija. Congratulations!!
Layla- Thank you mommy.
Loren- I'm sooo proud of you Baby. *fixes her fathers necklace on Layla's neck.*
Layla-thank you mommy.
Loren- You did it hija.
Layla- I knoww *smiles*

All my family hugged me and stuff telling me congrats. My mom went looking for August to give him a hug while my family was talking to me about going out to eat or something. Of course I agreed and then later on tonight I was just gonna go out with the whole senior class. My mom came back dragging August by his hand.

Loren- Hija August's coming with us out to eat.
Layla-*nods*
Loren- But before we go. Lemmie' take a picture of y'all.
Layla-No mama...I (GCO)
August- it's just a picture I ain't gone' hurt ya'

He wrapped his arms around me from the front and whispered in my ear.

August- I still luh' you.