Chapter 12

(Part 12)

Wednesday Night🌧

Layla POV

I was laying down playing in August hair while listening to the rain.

Layla- So your date...*holds her laughs*
August- It's not funny bruh damn.
Layla- It is. y'all are gonna be so cute...Aug take some pics for me while your there.(she said trying to hold her laugh)

He got up grabbing a pillow and cuddled with it.

August- Ya so fall'a shit bruh.
Layla- *laughs* No wait. I was just joking.
August- Ya what ever.
Layla- Fine I'll sleep down stairs in the living room...on the couch!
August- Cool.
Layla-*walks downstairs*

I walked back upstairs because I forgot my blanket that I love. Once I got it I went back down stairs and turned the tv on and grabbed my pepperoni then laid down and watched Martin. I looked down At my phone that was vibrating.

Face timing Convo:

Layla- Hey mama.
Loren- Hey. I'm calling to tell ya that ya got a dentist appointment on Saturday
12 o'clock.
Layla- Fo(Stops) No, I don't wanna get braces mama.
Loren- But that was the deal get them token off when you was younger and get them out back on when your older and your older.
Layla-*mumbles* Well that was a stupid deal.
Loren- Alright I got to go braid ya fatha's hair. I'll talk to ya lata.
Layla- Alright bye.

Face timing Convo:

I sighed and put my phone down on the couch. I felt like crying. The whole reason I took my braces off is because of people making fun of me. I can't go through that again. But I can't cry right now, not at August house. I don't want him to feel bad because of what he did. Then I will feel guilty and cry more then I'll start going into...you know what? I'm not gonna cry. I'm older now I know how to take care of myself and stand up for myself. I looked back at August coming down the stairs he moved my blanket and sat next to me.

August- Ain't nobody gon' make fun uh ya'.
Layla- My mom told you?
August- Mhm.
Layla- But that's what happen in (GCO)
August- I know mamas. but listen hea'.(he said pulling her into his lap putting her favorite cover over her legs) I know why ya'on want braces na.
Layla- It's not your fault though. We had this conversation.
August- I know but what I did(GCO)
Layla- Stop, it's just I don't want them. It's not your fault or about what you did. *lays on his chest*
August-*sighs* Stank.
Layla- Hm?
August- I luh yah Ight?
Layla- I love you too

-

Saturday 7:00 AM

Layla- They Hurt!!! I don't wanna get up!
August- C'mon stank afta dis you ain't gotta get braces.
Layla- when I get braces I can't eat chocolate! You know how I am when I'm on my period!
August- C'mon and get in da shower. Don't let a'nigga teh ya again na'
Layla-*mocs him and his accent*

Smack!!!

Layla- August!!! my ass is very sensitive!
August- Den you need ta get up and get in da showa!
Layla- You always making me do things. Your so freaking bossy.*gets up walking past him*
August- Yea yea. Hurry up.
Layla- "hurry up" shut up.
August- Get out ya feeling ma.
Layla- Shut da hell up. Always freaking hitting me *mumbles* this relationship is so abusive!
August- to bad ya can't divorce me.

I closed the door gently and stripped leaving a trail of my cloths on the floor, then I turned the water on. I liked the water extremely hot, so I waited till it was steam coming out of the shower. Once it was steam coming out, I got in and started to do my business. I heard the door open then close .