Chapter 31

(Part 31)

8 Months Later🌧

Layla and August trials and tribulations was over a week later after August and Teddy got arrested. August did his hardest by not letting his business in the street mess with the with the time with the love of his life. Teddy finally cuffed Kim after 2 months of them playing with each other. Layla's mother, Loren not being depressed as she was when her sister and the kids of her father death. Layla, Kim, Alex, Crystal, and Hazel was starting collage 2 months after they graduated from high school. Everything was falling right in place.

Until Early December August and Teddy got pulled over for a light bulb being "broken." As the two officers walked up behind the car one of them broke their tail lights. Being that August and Teddy was doing a drop off they had 50 pounds of cocaine in the trunk of their car with two non-registered guns on them. August talked Teddy into letting him take the blame. After Teddy putting up a fight with August, he let him. August got charged for 15 years in prison and because of his past record. Layla heard the judge announce the years August had and imminently broke down.

While Layla was in school she met a model named, Vyana. She complimented Layla on her natural beauty all day everyday and once she asked Layla did she wanna try out for modeling, Layla declined it. Only because she needed August's permission. After August taking Layla into it making her see that it was light money. Layla agreed to Vyana. Vyana introduced Layla to the best photographer in New Orleans. Lawrence and from there on to now Layla has been getting money from all different photographers and designers.

Some pics~~

(I know y'all been wanting to see her

(I know y'all been wanting to see her...so here she is)

-

-

March 30,  2014

Layla POV

Kim- Layla...Your going back to your old waysss...
Layla- What ya mean?
Kim- What I mean? I'm talking about you sitting in the back of class with your head phones on looking sad and depressed.
Layla- I do not look sad and depressed
Alex- Trust me you do.
Layla- *rolls her eyes*
Alex- Told ya so.
Kim- What you talking about?
Alex-I told Layla she was gonna fall in love with your best friend.

I smirked and shook my head

Layla- Who said I was in love with him?
Alex- Just admit your falling for him.

-

I rolled over feeling the coldness of the bed. If felt so good and it smelt just like him. Midnight jumped up on the bed laying on August's pillow.

Layla- You miss daddy?

I rubbed his head while my eyes got low.

Layla- I miss him too.

Next Morning☁️

I opened my eyes to see my phone ringing. I looked at the time. 9:56 AM. I closed my eyes again and answered and put the phone by my ear.

Convo:

???- Hi is this Layla Ross?
Layla- Who's asking?
???- The boss assistant of Vogue, Pam
Layla- Hi how are you? I'm Layla.
Pam- I'm good thank you. How about you?
Layla- I'm good I'm good.
Pam- That's good. Now Ms. Wintour wants you to come in and have a meeting with her today at 12.
Layla- At 12? *bites her lip*
Pam- Yes...Is there a problem with that time?
Layla- Actually yes. I have to go to work at tw(GCO)
Pam- Ms. Wintour is willing to pay you a million times what ever they was paying you.
Layla- A million?!?!?
Pam- Yes ma'am

I shook my head and got up from the bed.

Layla- How do I know this for a fact?

I heard commotion in the back round. "Give me the phone Pam."

Anna- Hello? Ms. Ross this is Anna Wintour the owner of Vogue.
Layla- Hi.
Anna- Hi. If your willing just to come up here right now and scan through the contract then come back for our meeting that would be wonderful.
Layla- Alright. I'll be up there.
Anna- Thank you so much and have a pleasant day.

-

I blushed as I kept talking on and on about it.

Layla- And oh my gawd' August it was soo fun. I'm gonna send you more pictures. And ughhh!! *sighs*
August-*laughs* Sounds like ma' baybeh makin' big bucks aye?
Layla- Yess and I'm just so happy.
August- I'm happy dat' you happy.
Layla- Are you really happy?
August- If you are.
Layla-*nods* okay.

The phone went silent.

"I miss you"

We both chuckled at us saying it the same time.

August- I miss you more stank and I luh' you too.
Layla- I love you too.

We just waited until the phone disconnected us in witch it did and I put my phone down.

Convo Over:

Literally three minutes. August phone rang. I glanced at it and picked it up.

Convo:

Layla- Hello?
???- Hello. This is Rick Robbin.
Layla- How may I help you?
Rick- Im the co-owners and manager of Deaf Jam records. I'm looking for an...August Alsina.
Layla- You got the right number.

Tbc....

Sorry for errors❤️

Comment❤️ Vote❤️Share