Chapter 33 2/2

(Part 33 2/2)

3 months later

August POV

I walked towards Layla's apartment as I licked my lips. I seen some nigga walk out her apartment and I smiled.

August- Oh you must be Amiyah. Nice ta' meet ya'
Andrew- And you must be September nice to meet you too.

I looked down at him holding Midnight and snatched him out of Amiyah hands

August- Don't be taking ma' dog no damn whea'
Layla-August he's taking him to the Vet.
August- Why he gotta take ma' dog to the vet?
Layla- My dog.
August- Our dog.
Layla-August give Midnight to Andrew.
August-*shoves Midnight in his arms then walked past Layla into her Apartment.*

I watched Layla close and lock the door after her.

August- *looks at her* I got some questions.
Layla- Yes august? *goes in the refrigerator getting out Yogurt.*
August- I'm not boutta play games wit' you. It's either you tryin' build our relationship back up again or not. And if you is Ima need you to cut ties wit' all ya hoes. But I just wanna know, is ya' heart still mine? Like is there still a chance fa'  me ta' get you back? I know I fucked up by leaving you behind but I knew along the way of me doing shows and going on tour I was gone fuck bitches none stop so why keep you with me and just keep hurtin' you? I'd rather hurt you once than ta' hurt you repeatedly(GCO)
Layla- So basically I was post to stay in the house and wait til you was ready to settle down?
August-*slowly nods* yea.
Layla-*rolls her eyes then tries to walk past him*
August-*laughs and pulls her to the couch.* I'm just playin' I wanted you ta' be happy and I knew for a fact if I kept you wit' me. You wouldn't be happy, so why put you through that?
Layla- You could have at least broke it down to me before me bailing you outta jail using my collage intuition then you never texting me or calling me.
August- I know I know. And I ain't tell ya' because I knew ya' was gone be against it. Plus I want you to go back to college, I'm payin.
Layla-I'm not going to college anymore.
August-*nods* That's fine. I still want you to think about going and get ya master degree or somen.
Layla-I'll think about it.
August- I'm not boutta go though what we went through couple years ago. So let me just stop you now. Cut that nigga off before you get him hurt La'
Layla-*sighs* August.
August- what?
Layla- Can you just- just...
August- What? What do you want me to do?
Layla- I don't know. This situation is so messed up I don't even know where my heart is at.
August- What do you want? You want me to leave you alone wit dat' nigga? You got it. *gets up and walks towards the door*
Layla-Would you stop? *pulls him back to the couch and stands in front of him* you make it seem like we weren't bestfriends August. This is what I was afraid of. I knew our relationship wouldn't work out and our friendship would be thrown in the garbage.

I looked at her while her eyes filled with tears. I pulled her down in my lap.

Layla- I missed you and I just don't want you to leave out my life like that. I don't ever want you to leave out my life. You mean a lot to me. And I (GCO)
August- Stop crying. *wipes her tears* I'm not goin' no whea.'
Layla- *wraps her arms around his neck* I missed you so much.
August- I missed you too stank.

I felt my shirt get a little damp from Layla's crying.

August- Gimmie' a kiss.

After a couple seconds I felt her place her lips against mine.

August- I luh' you.
Layla- I love you too.

-

Layla POV

Kim- Your forgiving him back way to easy La. You always do this. He do something stupid and you just forgive him in a blink of a eye.
Layla- I've missed him. Who said I forgave him anyway?
Kim- Your actions. I love you and August together because he makes you happy but you let him walk all over you. You bail him out of jail then he walks away from you. Who the fuck does that?
Alex- Chil'e leave dem' kids alone.
Layla- Kim you just don't understand.
Kim- No Layla! You don't understand neither does he! Those two years he was gone and you was crying almost every day over him. I love you and you know I do but stop forgiving this no good of a nigga so damn fast!
Layla- No good of a nigga? Really Kim? I know you don't like August but your really pushing it! Yes he made mistakes, yes he hurt me but all I gotta do is forgive him because I love him! I can't hold a grudge for too long over somone I care about. It's been 3 months since I got him back. Three! And you make it seem like every since I laid eyes on him I forgave him. August is tryin his hardest for me to forgive him. And I damn sure know you see it too.
Alex- That's true. He been takin her(GCO)
Kim- Okay, so what are you gonna do now? Your gonna get back with him and through Andre to side like you did with Miles?
Layla- No.
Kim- You sure? That's what I've been seeing lately. I haven't seen Andre around here in a good minute. You're playing with a good nigga emotions then when you hurt them like your going to do they turn into fuck boys.
Layla- Like Teddy did when he seen you fucking someone in the school bathroom?
Kim- That's not the point Layla the p(GCO)
Layla- You know August makes me happy more than anything. And you know he'd do anything to keep me from getting hurt. So why push him away?
Kim- That's not what I'm trying to say. I want you to be happy I just don't want him to hurt you again.
Layla- He's not going anywhere this time around.
Alex- Damn can I say something? August's took off another 2 months for Layla's spoiled ass. And even tho I'm lowkey mad at August not being there for Layla but(GCO)

We all looked towards Alex ringing phone.

Alex- Hold on. *gets up on the phone*
Layla- So what you saying is I shouldn't forgave him so fast?
Kim- Yea and(GCO)
Layla- but didn't you forgive one of yo niggas who cheated on you one day then the next day you was canceling on me because you was laid up in bed with him! I believe that nigga was Teddy actually. You just didn't wanna tell me it was him because of August.
Kim-*looks at her in disgust* Don't be a bitch
Layla- Oh now because I flip the roles and I'm actually correct I'm a bitch?
Kim- I'm leaving.*grabes her stuff*
Alex- What I miss? *comes back
Kim- She through the fact Teddy cheated on me in the pass like that's cool that she ain't cool La.
Layla- What's not cool is you trying to call me out on something when you did the exact same thing! She's just mad I flipped the roles on her and I'm right. Don't try and preach something when you yourself can't even do it.
Kim- Layla you really trying it right now.
Layla- What is it you have against August? He never did nothing to you!
Kim- *walks up to her and grabs her wrist putting it in her face.* He did this!! Your all love dovey with the same nigga that pushed you to ya limit that almost made you commit suicide. You need to stop forgiving him!!
Layla- *snatches her arm*

I felt sick to my stomach. I most definitely forgot what August did to me when we was kids. But that was the young him. He's changed. He's not a bully he's my best friend. I felt something coming up so I quickly ran to the bathroom lifting the toilet and just throwing up my left overs. I left my hair being pulled back as I continued to throw up.

When I met him in collage again I wasn't like this. I was all about giving him another chance. Now I have him more than another chance. Flash backs of him bullying me in school and me going home and cutting my wrist flashed in my head. Flash backs of me getting laughed at when he beat me up in the hallway, going through my head. Flash backs of my aunt and August laying in on each other flashed throw my head. Flash backs of him going to jail flashed through my head. A image of him on his knee also flashed through my head.

Alex- Layla!?!

I tried to respond but my eyes got lower and lower and next thing I knew I was sleep on the cold floor.

Tbc......

The new cover up above. Please tell me what y'all think.

The faster y'all comet the faster the updates come😋

Oh and it's about to get real😊

Comment❤️Vote❤️Share