Chapter Five

Marco, like most people, usually liked to take his time to get ready in the mornings. He started by getting up at 7:00am on the dot, followed by a 20-minute shower, then a 30 minute breakfast, after that he took 5 minutes to brush his teeth and 15 minutes to get all of his stuff together, leaving him 15 minutes to get to his 8:30 class on time.

Well, today was going to be a whole lot different...

"Star! C'mon, get up! You're gonna be late on your first day!" The bruenette said, trying to wake a sleeping Star, who was out like a light, snoring louldly.
Marco continously poked her soft right cheek, trying to wake the blonde up, but to no avail.
"Damn...both of us will be late at this rate...How am I meant to wake Star up?" Marco muttered to himself.
He had already tried making lots of noise by hitting a frying pan with a spoon. The bruenette had even tried putting his headphones on Star and blasting his music at maximum volume! But the blonde still hadn't woken up yet...
Just when Marco was wondering whether a Pokeflute would work on Star or not, he spotted a packet of strawberry poptarts sitting in Star's open bag.
'If her favourite food doesn't wake her up, nothing will!' Marco decided, grabbing the packet and ripping it open, before putting it in the toaster.
The sweet smell of strawberries soon filled the room and almost instantly, Star rose from the dead and looked around, confused.
"Marco? What're you doing in my room?" She yawned, totally disorientated.
"We're late for class! Hurry and get ready, Star!" He replied, as the poptart popped up from the toaster.
"Ooooooo...Poptarts..." the blonde said, looking thoughtfully at the food.
"Star!" Marco intervened.
"Okay, I'm going! I'm going!"

The two inhabitants of Room 23 (just) managed to get to their Math class on time, Marco already knew that Star was going to be a handful, but he hadn't expected all of this madness to happen from the get-go!
Marco collapsed into his usual window seat and Star adopted the empty one next to him.
"You okay, Diaz?" Came Jackie's voice from behind the bruenette, which made Marco visibly jump up in suprise.
"H-Huh? Oh, uhm, yeah! I'm totally okay!" He smiled.
"Really? You have bags under your eyes, though..."
"Maybe I was hitting the books a little too hard last night?"
"It's good to study, but don't overdo it, dude. I'm worried about you"
"U-Uh, sure, thanks Jackie"
"No problem"
As the short-haired blonde went to sit down, Marco could barely contain himself!
'Jackie just said that she was worried about me!' Marco thought, happily. 'She really cares!'
Star raised an eyebrow at her friend, not able to tell what he was thinking.
Maybe Marco was excited for the...

"POP QUIZ!" Their math teacher announced, slapping a mathematics test sheet down on every student's desk.
A chorus of groans and complaints filled the room, but they were quickly dismissed by the teacher.
Marco simply picked up his black ball-point and began filling in the answers, absent-mindedly; knowing that he probably wouldn't get anything less than 90%.
He looked over to see how Star was getting on and noticed that she'd only just written her name down!
The blond stared at the blank test sheet in confusion and chewed lightly on the end of her pen in frustration.
Marco really wanted to tell her that x=5 was the answer for Question 1, but that would class as cheating and he wasn't one to disobey the rules. Especially in a test.
Star narrowed her blue eyes at the paper, as if she were thinking very hard about something.
She stayed like this for a couple of seconds, before smiling and picking up her pink glittery gel pen.
Marco watched in complete and utter confusion as Star began drawing a large butterfly all over her test! The blond even went as far as to colour it in and sign it!

All of a sudden, she caught Marco's eye and grinned at him, holding up her masterpiece, proudly.
The bruenette smiled weakly and face-palmed, going back to his own test; making a mental note to tutor his roommate later on...