Chapter Thirty-Three

Star visibly gulped and walked back towards the kitchen, stiffly; whilst Marco watched in complete and utter bewilderment.
As soon as the blond had vanished into the white steam of the frying pans and ovens, the Safe Kid decided to approach the man that was making his girlfriend feel uncomfortable, who, at the time was sipping his complimentary glass of ice cold water.

"Uhm, may I take your order, sir?" The Safe Kid asked politely, bringing out a notepad and a black ballpoint pen; ready to take down the man's request.
The customer turned to the bruenette and smirked.
"Yes, I'd like to order what you reccommend the most on the menu, oh and I'd like to request a certain maid to bring it to me, if you will"
"Sure. Which maid are you requesting?"
"Star Butterfly"
Marco tensed up a little when the guy say her name, but he managed to cloak his awkwardness with a smile.
"O-Okay. I'll go and get her" the bruenette said, walking back to the kitchen.

"What? You want me to tend to Table Six?" Star parroted, after Marco explained the situation to her. "I-I don't think I can..."
"Why not?" The bruenette asked, curious to know what Star had against the weird man with the slicked back hair.
"Uhm...I'm on...cooking duty! Yeah, that's it! I'm cooking, so I can't tend to that table!"
"I'm pretty sure that we're only meant to serve the food, not cook it...Besides, that's Alfonzo and Jackie's job"
"I-Is it? Well then, I better go and wash up the plates!"
The princess turned away from the Safe Kid and went to walk off, but Marco gently grabbed her wrist, making the blond halt in her tracks.
"Star...C'mon, I'm yours and your mine, remember? Don't couples tell each other everything?" He smiled.
Star looked back at her brown-haired boyfriend and gave him a small smile.
"Yeah, you're right, Safe Kid. I should be more honest with myself..." she replied, quietly.
"Right? So can you tell me what's up with that guy then?"
"Yeah...He's..."
"He's...?"
"An old friend of my Dad, he's just here to check up on me"
"Oh, that's it? I thought it would be something more serious...But, doesn't it feel great having all of that off of your chest?"
"Y-Yeah..."

If anything, Star's chest felt heavier than ever before. Mainly with deceit...
The blond felt really bad about lying to her loved one like that, but she just couldn't bring herself to tell Marco the truth...
If she did, it was going to be like Mewni all over again...

The princess reluctantly walked over to Toffee's table, hating every second of it. She also carried the Soup Of The Day and a couple of crusty bread rolls, each on seperate plates.
The man smiled as soon as he spotted the blond walking towards his table.
"Well, if it isn't the Star herself!" The important man said, full of confidence, as usual.
"Toffee..." Star said, thinking about the last time she'd seen his smug face. "Your order. Take it."
"Well, that's hardly the way to talk to somebody who made you famous, is it?"
The princess placed the ordered food in front of the person, she no longer regarded as a decent human being.
"So, how's buisness?" The man asked, unfolding his napkin.
"What buisness?" Star replied, sharply.
"You know, your music career"
"I retired."
"Oh really? You do realise that our contract together is still valid, right?"
"Yeah, I already know that. Is that why you came all the way over here? To bring me back?"
Toffee chuckled.
"Not at all, my dear Star! I'm just here to see how you're getting on! Nothing more, nothing less!"
Star raised an eyebrow and turned to walk away; already knowing that she couldn't trust the lies tumbling out of his mouth.
"Stay away from me. I've already finished with that life; I'm never going to sing for you ever again"
"Oh, but you will. That record deal is much more prominent than you think, Star..."

The blond walked away, prentending not to hear the last sentence Toffee had uttered.
She beleived that she was no longer tied to him or his record deal.
After all, she had dropped the stage name: SB, quite a while ago, right now she was just plain-old Star Butterfly...