Chapter Six

With the last-second pop quiz at an end, Marco and his friends sat around a desk trying to recover some of the brain cells, which had been destroyed by the last question on the test.
"Ugh...my head feels like somebody's hitting it...with a mallet. Continously..." Alfonzo grumbled, as the test came to a close.
"Hangover?" Ferguson asked, throwing his friend a bottle of water. "Don't worry, bro. I got you covered"
"Thanks man, so Marco, I've been meaning to ask for a while now, but who's that girl sitting next to you?"
Ferguson nodded in agreement, as Marco tried to figure out how to phrase that he and Star were sharing a room together, without actually saying they were sharing a room together.
Ferguson and Alfonzo would surely attack him out of pure jealously if he told them the truth.
Definetly. Without a doubt...

"Uhm, guys. This is Star. Star. Guys. Guys. Star" Marco said, not really wanting to have to introduce them, properly.
The blond stopped doodling a butterfly on Marco's left hand and grinned at the two strangers in front of her.
"Hi, I'm Star! What're your names?" She asked, brightly.
Marco's two friends smiled, blushing like a pair of embarassed school girls.
"F-Ferguson" the ginger-haired guy said, shyly, holding his hand out; so that Star could shake it.
"Alfonzo" the hungover, glasses-wearing male said, fighting against his ailment and doing the same as Ferguson.
Marco looked at his three friends, skeptically. Since when had Ferguson and Alfonzo become so modest?!?
"So, uhm...how do you know Marco, Star?" Ferguson asked.
"Ah, that's a funny story, actually! So, I was speaking to Marco on the Internet, right? And I ended up transferring schools and meeting him here! We only realised it yesterday, because we're in the same room together!"
"Really? Wow! That must be destiny or something! So, Star; you said that you two were in the same room, right?" Ferguson asked, as a bead of sweat rolled down the side of Marco's head.
'Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap...' he thought, knowing that both of his friends had caught on to what Marco had been trying to avoid this entire time...
"Marco, buddy...come with us for sec" Alfonzo said, smiling. But the bruenette knew that his friend's grin was only hiding his jealous rage...
"Uh...sorry, I've gotta go and give Star a tour of the school!" Marco said, coming up with a convinient last second excuse. "Right, Star?"
"Huh? Is that right?" The blond asked, confused; but also excited to see her new home.
"Y-Yeah! Let's go! Right now!"
The bruenette grabbed Star's soft hand and gently guided her out of the classroom.
"Catch you guys later, then!" Star beamed, happily, as she and her roomate disappeared down the corridor, totally unaware of the danger Marco had just avoided.

"And finally, this is the Music Room. Not many people come here, though. Well, apart from Oskar Greason..." Marco said,  showing Star the last (important) room in the whole school.
"Who's that? Is he-whoa! Is that a Grand Piano over there?" The blond asked, rushing over to the large instrument and pressing a key, making the piano make it's signature sound. "Cool, it's still tuned pretty well!"
Marco followed Star, hands in pockets; smiling as the blond sat down and played a random, yet beautiful tune on the large instrument.
"You're good, Star! I never knew you were into music" he said, suddenly interested in her hobby.
"Oh, I just play a little; sometimes I sing too..." the blond replied, wanting to try and steer away from this kind of topic of conversation.
"You sing too? Could you sing for me, Star? I mean, only if you want to..."
The blond's cheeks went a little red and she turned back to the piano.
"It's a little embarassing, Marco...Maybe some other time?" She compromised.
The bruentte was fascinated at her shyness, suprised that Star even felt embarassment at all.
'Well, Star's a girl too' he decided, smiling at her.
"Sure thing. I'll be waiting to hear you sing. Whenever you're ready!" The bruenette said. "Well, we better head back"
"Yeah, thanks for showing me around, Marco!"
"Don't worry about it!"

At the time, Marco didn't find Star's sudden interest in music odd, but it would all make a lot more sense later on...