Chapter One

Marco Diaz wasn't your Average Joe.

Which was quite obvious really, because, of course, his name wasn't actually Joe for starters.
But Marco was 100% average, well, that's what he liked to consider himself as, but the bruenette was far from 'normal'. He was what you would call a 'Safe Kid' or at least that's what his friends liked to call him.
'Safe Kid' had been Marco's detestable nickname from Middle School all the way up to the present day.
Marco had insisted that he was a misunderstood bad boy, but all signs pointed to him, being a kid who was obsessed with schedules and loved everything being organiszed...
Now that Marco had made the jump to highschool/boarding school, he'd been hoping to leave that tasteless nickname behind and start afresh, but his whole Middle School class had joined exactly the same boarding school he had, so it seemed 'Safe Kid' was going to be his nickname for all eternity!

Our protagantist had somehow made it through the school day and was sitting at his desk in a Math class with his pencils all in a line, ranging from the shortest to the tallest.
The class was in session, but it didn't really look like a whole lot of math was being done at all...
There was just loud, random chatter and a reoccuring pinging sound coming from a selection of mobile phones throughout the classroom.
Marco was the only one out of his friends with his head in a book, studying why x=3 with ease. He had been blessed with a beautiful brain, making Marco an A+ student.
'My god, this is soooo boring...' Marco thought, as he thumbed through his textbook, somewhat irritated. 'Perhaps I should let loose a little and wreck some havoc? Y'know, I am a bad boy after all'
Now, anybody who knew Marco Diaz and even anybody who didn't, could easily say that he was most certainly not capable of havoc or even anything close to it; in fact, whatever Marco thought of as 'wrecking havoc' was probably something pretty miniscule to any other person...

But before Marco could even go about wondering what sort of havoc he would wreck, his glasses-wearing friend, Alfonzo called him over to where a large group of guys were standing.
"Hey! Marco! Come check this out!" He shouted over the noise of the classroom.
"Sure! I'll be right there, man!" Marco answered, disregarding his havoc almost instantly and walking over to where his friend was hanging out.
"So, what's up?" The bruentte asked Alfonzo, who was grinning mischeviously.
"Do you want to join the poll?" He asked, quietly.
"The poll?"
"Yeah. The poll for the best girl in our class!"
"Huh? What even...?"
"Courtesy of me!" Marco's other orange-haired best friend, Ferguson said, proudly.
"You guys are voting to see who the best girl is? What are you guys, middle-schoolers?" Marco hissed/whispered.
"No! We're men!"
"Then why are you voting? It's really shallow to do something like that!"
"It's just a little fun! C'mon Marco! Oh, I know; I'll show you the beauties we're voting on!"
Ferguson shoved a small slip of paper into Marco's face which had the names of all the girls in his class on it.
"Vote! You know you want to!" Marco's ginger friend grinned. 'C'mon! Jackie's on there too!"

That made Marco's heart stop. His Middle School crush was on there too? That hearthrob? Jackie-Lynn Thomas?
Marco knew he shouldn't, but he was unaturally weak when the topic changed to Jackie.

As he was about to screw up the paper, Marco noticed the initials 'SB'. Having remembered every single one of his classmates's names; Marco had never once encountered somebody called 'SB' in his entire life at school!
"Who's this? I don't think she's in our class" He asked, showing Ferguson the two initials.
"Oh, her! SB's a popstar, Marco. Is it safe to say that you haven't heard of her?" He replied, raising an eyebrow.
Marco nodded.
"It's a little unfair though, dont'cha think? I mean, she's famous and all..." He added, screwing up the paper and aiming for the bin, missing it completely and going to pick it up.
"I know, but she's too good to give up!" Ferguson smiled, dreamily.

Marco simply rolled his eyes and dropped the paper ball in the bin.
'I still don't see the big deal...' Marco thought, wondering what was so amazing about some popstar who was way out of everybody's league.