Chapter Eight

"Okay Star, confess!" Marco said, crossing his arms and looking at the blond, who was shying away from him.
"C-Confess what?" She asked, trying to act innocent.
"Star, seriously! You can trust me with your secret!"
The two roommates sat on Marco's bed, facing each other. Star had changed into a casual blue dress, which Marco had ushered her to wear, as having a interrogation with a half naked person would be pretty strange...
"Hmm...Really?" Star asked, begining to waver. "Do you promise?"
"Yeah!"
"Cross your heart and hope to die?"
"Yeah, I do!"
"Do you swear on your life that you'll never tell anyone?"
I swear! I'll protect your promise with my life if I have to, Star!"

That one was the finishing blow.

Star smiled brightly and nodded.
"Okay, I'll tell you Marco, but if anybody else were to catch wind of this I would be forced to leave this school" she said, warning him.
"I understand. So, could you explain the reason why you've got a tiara in your drawer and an SB costume too?" Marco said, pushing for answers.
"Hey! Not so fast, Safe Kid! I'm only telling you one secret. One."
"Huh? Why, Star?"
Star gave Marco a knowing look and smiled.
"Girls have lots of secrets that you don't know about, Marco!" She announced. "Things should stay that way"
"But..."
Star closed her eyes, folded her arms and pouted, cutely.
"Hmmm...I'm so tired! Maybe I'll just go to sleep or something..." she said, obviously bluffing.
The blond opened one eye at Marco, who just sighed.
"Okay, okay! You win, Star! Just tell me about the tiara then..." he said, admitting defeat.
Star adopted her happy-go-lucky attitude again and smiled, happily.
"Sure!" She said, getting comfortable. "Better get cosy, Diaz. This is going to take a while"
Marco kicked back and leaned against his pillow, which was rested up against his bedroom wall.
"Okay, I'm ready" he announced.
"Alright, well I guess I should start at the begining then..." Star said, starting her own little story.
She pulled out an atlas and opened the book to the world map.
"I come from Mewni, it's a little island somewhere over here" Star explained, pointing towards the pacific ocean. "But it's not on the map, because of Mewni's laws and other complicated stuff"
Marco took a glance at the book and nodded.
"Oh, yeah. I get you, but that still doesn't explain the tiara, Star"
"I'm getting to that bit! Unlike the mainland, which is run by a goverment; Mewni is run by the royal family and I'm next in line for the throne"
"Y-You're royalty? Is it okay for you to be living somewhere like this?"
"It's fine, Marco! My parents sent me here to learn about the mainland anyways...and to find a husband ..."
"Oh yeah, I remember that I read something like that it in your parent's letter. But are you okay with the whole marriage thing though, Star?"
"Not really, but it's fate, Marco. I can't change that, no matter how hard I try. Welll, anywho...That's my secret explanation over! Nachos, Safe Kid?" Star suggested, jumping up off Marco's bed, smiling. "I'll even help you make them!"
The blond skipped over to the kitchen, singing a happy tune.
Marco sighed and smiled.
"It's alright, Star. I promised you I won't tell anybody" he said, getting up.
"Hm? I already know that. You just said so" she replied, simply.
"But you're still feeling insecure, right?"
Star turned and faced Marco.
"How'd you know, Safe Kid?" She smiled.
"I can't really explain it...My intution, I guess..." the bruenette replied, rubbing the back of his neck, awkwardly. "But I swear I won't tell anybody, Star! If I do, I'll move out and you can stay here!"
"Awww! You're so sweet, Diaz! Hugs!!!!"

The blond embraced the bruenette and giggled, happily; whilst Marco smiled, a little embarassed.
"Oh yeah, I just so happen to know a little secret of yours too!" She said, brightly.
"Wait, what? Star, what do you mean, a secret?" The bruenette asked, worriedly; breaking the hug. "Tell me!"
"Nope~!"
"Why not?"
"Because then, it wouldn't be a secret then, would it?"
"Star!"
The blond darted from the room and down the stairs, laughing happily, as the bruenette chased after her, eager to protect his secret.

But he was happy.
More so then he'd ever been inside the walls of this drab school...