Chapter Thirty-One

"Sear, this doesn't feel right..." came Star's quiet voice from behind her dressing curtain in Room 23.
"What're you saying? It's fine! You look amazing in it, Star!" Her twin replied, consoling her.
"Are you sure? It feels like I'm wearing something really weird, though..."
"That's how it's supposed to be! Plus, Marco's waiting for you too, because he really wants to see you in it! So please hurry up!"
The said Marco was seated on a cushion facing the dressing curtain, trying to keep his intense blush under control. This whole episode had started the second he'd woken up and now the bruenette was serving as some sort of audience for Star and Sear's last second catwalk!

It turned out that Star's doppleganger had been 110% serious about the Maid Cafe! So much so that'd she'd even gone away and made the first dress for the event!
Sear had gone to Star as a potential model, but Marco still couldn't see why. Apart from the obvious difference in personalities, the girls were exactly the same! So why would Star need to be the model, if both Sear and herself had the same body style?
The Safe Kid's thoughts were instantly pushed to one side though, when Sear threw back the curtain with a flourish.
"Tada! Presenting the new dress for our cafe!" She said excitedly. "So Marco, what do you think?"
The bruenette didn't really know what to think! Sure he hadn't been expecting a formal, real-life maid uniform, because of Sear's 'tastes'; but this outfit was sitting on the very border of the school's public morals when concerning clothing!

Star had been donned in a black dress with a frilly, ice white pinny wrapped around her waist! The hem of the dress, like Sear had already said in class; was just a couple of centimetres over Star's knees, so that it passed for a valid piece of clothing in the school's eyes.
The princess's outfit was obviously a size too small, but for some reason, it seemed to work well...
Paired with the white kneesocks and the black and white headpiece; Star looked somewhat like a legitimate maid!
"Geez...M-Marco, stop oggling me already..." the blond quietly, embarassed by the bruenette's gaze. "I know we're going out, but this is still pretty embarassing, okay?"
"Sorry Star...it just suits you so well...Honestly." he replied, being unusally straighforward.
The princess's face flushed red, but at least she managed to not overheat this time!
"Hmmm...That's nice..." Sear said, looking thoughtfully at Marco. "I want to be complimented like that too..."
Marco just smiled, weakly.
"Anyways, do you think this will work then?"
"Y-Yeah, it's on very thin ice though, so don't overdo it, okay?"
"Yep, okay!"
"By the way, Marco..."
"Yeah?"
"Your nose is bleeding..."
"Oh..."

Later that same day, Marco walked back into their usual math class after another rigourous seesion of karate. But the class was far away from usual as you could probably get!
The whiteboard had been filled up completely with small, neat handwriting and all the boys and the girls were split off into two seperate groups as well.
"Oh hey, it's Marco!" Ferguson pointed out, as he beckoned his best friend over to the guys's group.
"What's happening?" The bruenette asked, putting his rucksack down and taking a seat next to Alfonzo.
"Us guys are planning the layout for the cafe, whilst the girls work on the menu" he said, simply.
"Oh, okay then. Mind if I help out?"
"Nope, not at all!"

Even though the next couple of days were extremely busy, but they were exciting for everybody.
Because they all knew that their Maid Cafe was going to be amazing!

Tomorrow was the day!