Chapter 12: Condo's and Appetites

****
Laura

After our little make out session in the nurses office, Josh decided to take me back to his place. We had all lot to talk about if we were going to be prepared for tomorrow. I didn't know what Rothfort had planned but I knew it wouldn't be good.

We limped to the school doors until Josh suddenly picked me up and started to carry me to the car.

I scoffed.

"Josh I think I can walk now. You can put me down now." I said irritated. I wasn't a doll.

"No. I'm making up for those minutes you had Derek holding you". I turned my head to look at him as he walked towards his car. Making up the minutes? I laughed.

Josh was killing me.

As he sat me in the car and strapped my seatbelt on I raised my eyes. We swiveled out of the parking lot and headed downtown.

"My hands still work you know?" He shook his head.

"Munchkin, let me be your hands and legs. Can you let me be an actual boyfriend in a normal relationship for one day?" He said grabbing my hand with his right, as he kept his left on the steering wheel.

I looked out the window and smiled. Then it struck me.

Lola. Milo!

"Josh I didn't even go check on Lola or Milo. We need to go back, or let me at least call them." I said whipping out my phone. I unlocked it and searched for Milo's number.

It rang...and rang...and rang...until finally.

"Hello".

"Milo! Thank god you picked up the phone what happened? Are you okay? Where's Lola? Where's Andy". When I mentioned Andy's name Josh's hand tightened around me. I looked at him.

"Put it on speaker," Josh said. I nodded.

"Milo where's Andy?"

"Andy was hurt pretty bad, they took him to the hospital but I haven't heard anything since. Sujet was talking about explosion but I don't know if that was for Andy...or for me". I paled, no. Milo couldn't get expelled because of me it's our last year.

"Milo I'm so sorry, this is all my fault I just had the worst day and everything with the gan-" I looked at Josh.

"I just had a bad night". Silence. No one knew about my nightmares. Apart from Milo.

Milo was silent. "Aura how bad was it? Did you see it again? Did you cough up blood?" He asked alarmed. I widened my eyes realizing Josh overheard.

He turned to look at me with worried eyes. "Munchkin what's he talking about?"

I took the phone off speaker.

"Aura are you with someone?" I panicked. I wouldn't get Milo or Lola involved with Rothfort, it was too dangerous.

"No it was just the...radio my moms driving me home, I... I'll call you later ok?"

"Don't forget Aura, try to get some actual rest ok?" I sighed as I ended the call.

As we drove into downtown I realized there were no homes here, only condos and apartments for the rich. I snorted. One condo was the size of my entire house. Did Josh live here? With his parents maybe?