Chapter 13: Parking Spots and Proverbs

****
Laura

After Josh dropped me home last night, Rachel came storming in asking where I'd been and what happened. After a half an hour lecture she was satisfied that I had seen my wrongdoings and sent me upstairs. I was still grounded though.

I went to sleep that night tired and worried. How I would escape at 6 to meet Rothfort was beyond me, but first things first I had to get ready for school.

I had a total of 3 1/2 hours of consecutive sleep. That half an hour may not seem like much but it was. I'd never crossed my 3 hour limit before. Maybe this was a sign that I was getting better. I knew I didn't need a doctor.

I threw my covers off as I headed into the shower. As the warm water dribbled down my back I felt my worries wash away. If only I could stay in here forever.

"Laura, your going to be late", Rachel shouted from downstairs. I sighed. I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a towel. I was tired, and lazy, and really nervous about tonight, so I threw on my Roots sweatpants and a plain long sleeved white-t-shirt. I may have looked like a hobo but I wasn't dressed to impress anyways. I grabbed breakfast on my way out and hopped in my car.

I made it into school in less than 20 minutes, as I searched for a parking space.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Where are all the spots? Ugh" I slammed my wheel.

"There's one next to mine", I heard a voice say.

"Harvey! Thank you!" I was so afraid I would get late. I reversed and parked. Slamming my door I walked to Harvey.

"How did you land two spots?" He laughed.

"I'm not class president for nothing Laura", I grimaced. That's right! He was class president, how could I forget.

He threw his arm over my shoulder. Woah, touchy much?

"Ready to brave this hellhole?" I turned to look at him.

"You betcha". He pushed the school doors open and removed his arm. He smiled at me.

"See you in history". I waved goodbye as I walked to my locker. Well that was abrupt. He was not the touchy feely kind of person. Maybe he's changing. Who knows?

I unlocked my locker and pulled out my books for 1st period.

"Laur". I turned to see Lola.

"Lola! Are you okay? I'm so sorry about yesterday I was having a horrible day and I took it out on you and Milo." She shook her head.

"No Laur! It's my fault I was being totally inconsiderate to both you and Milo, I'm so sorry. I couldn't even come see you at the Nurses. It was filled with police. Andy is in so much trouble Laura. Milo...was left off the hook because everyone in the class testified saying it was Andy that started the fight and Mr Line wasn't even looking so they let him go! Isn't that great?" She gushed.

"It is. I'm so happy for Milo. I would've felt awful if he got had gotten expelled because of me." Lola reached forwards and hugged me.

"So...are we good?" Lola asked hesitant.

"Of course we are. What would I do without you and Milo". She laughed.