Chapter 18: Girlfriends and Claims

****
Laura

A pair of desperate lips connected with mine, Josh entrapping me in his arms. I tried to push against his chest but he wouldn't budge. He kissed me harder sliding his hands under my shirt and I moaned. He broke the kiss and stared at me.

"Jesus women do you ever listen to anything I say?" He said exasperated.

I scoffed wrapping my arms around my chest irritated.

"Finish what you were doing with...her and then come find me in my room. Ill be waiting." April said walking away.

"Her room? Why the fuck are you going to her room?" I all but yelled. Josh smiled.

"Has anyone ever told you your hot when your angry?" He said with a half smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on". He said pulling me away from the mess hall. He led me to a deserted room and locked the door.

"Don't come here again without my knowledge, something bad could happen." He said sitting down.

"Were you...were you with April the entire day?" I asked my bottom lip trembling. He sighed as he walked to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"No I wasn't...It was all my fault that you had to go through the dinner with Rothfort. I hate myself for what happened. But I can't do anything to him. He owns me Munchkin and there's nothing I can do about it. It's not even like I could leave you because that would leave you unprotected for the Rouges to come. I should have never let them come anywhere near you I'm so sorry Laura. That's why I didn't come to school I thought you would hate me, and honestly I wouldn't blame you." He said stroking my hair.

"I don't blame you, I mean I did at first. But I don't anymore. It was my choice to go and it was my choice to agree to be your girlfriend. It's my fault as much as it is yours. You can't take responsibility for my choices. But you can call and text me back!" I said looking up at him. His chest rumbled with laugher as he kissed my forehead.

"Now, who the fuck is April?" I asked releasing myself from his hug and putting my hands in my hips.

"She's...my friend and business partner..." He said hesitantly. There was something more. I stared at him waiting.

"And occasionally we...may have..." He trailed off. My heart hammered in my chest as I stared at him.

"You had sex with her?" I growled. I was hurt. I was beyond hurt. I pulled at my hair as I started pacing.

"I haven't been with anyone since I saw you at 711 that night. Every since I asked you to be my girlfriend I haven't touched another girl. I told you your mine." He stated proudly.

"And your mine. Don't you forget it" I said still irritated. How could he think I would let him off easy. His fuck buddy was gorgeous and badass. I looked at myself in jeans and Derek's jersey. I wasn't hot. And I most definitely could not compete with someone like April.

"Why did she call you Rover?" I asked.

"It's a stupid name from when we were little, she knew my obsession with the Mars rover. I loved space when I was younger." He smiled at the memory.

I felt stabs in the pit of my stomach. The little green monster was coming out and it wouldn't be pretty. I didn't know he liked science. I knew nothing about him.

"Oh..." My mood suddenly plummeted.

"Um Isaiah and...and everyone were really nice!" I said smiling.

"Especially James, he's hilarious and so kind". I said looking at Josh.

He clenched his jaw.

"There just people, nothing special about them". He said all nonchalant.

"No really they seem like great people. I'm really excited for Sunday!" I said jumping with joy.

"What kind of movies do they like?" I eagerly asked.

"None. They hate movies and the only person who's going on a date with you is me". He said grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room.

I laughed. Looks like I'm not the only one who's jealous. I grabbed his hand and interlaced our fingers as he looked back at me and smiled.

"Did you ditch?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Don't give me a lecture on skipping you didn't even show up today!" I warned.

He held his hands up in surrender.

"I was just going to say I'd rather you find me after school versus skip." I scoffed, yea whatever.

I suddenly remembered my other question for him. I tugged at his arm with our connected hands and he looked down at me.

"Did you beat up Andy?" I said staring at him. He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at me.

"Would it make you feel better if I said I only gave him a black eye?" I scowled.

"Josh I can handle my own battles ok? I appreciate the jesture but atleast with guys like Andy I'm not helpless." I said fiercely. I would never feel useless again. The next time I see Damon I would kill him.

Ok not really but I would beat him up until I was satisfied.

As Josh pulled me back into the mess hall and through the hallways he stopped Infront of a room. I looked at him questioningly as he knocked and turned to me.

"Your with me and I'm going to make that known". He whispered just as the door opened. April whipped the door open immediately catching our intertwined hands. Her eyes were burning but her face showed nothing.

"I didn't introduce you two properly. April this is my girlfriend munchkin, munchkin this is April." He said proudly.

I smiled.

"I'm Laura actually". I said watching her reaction. She tightened her lips as she smiled and batted her eyelashes.

Josh smiled looking between me and April.

"Hey look Aura hasn't left yet!" I heard Ray yell from down the hall. I laughed as he jogged up to us with James and Sam following in suit.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked grinning at me.

"Oh Josh and...April have something to do I was just leaving actually". I said stepping away from Josh. He had work to do and I needed to get back to school. I looked at my watch and saw that I still had time to make it for 4th period.

Josh reconnected our hands and kissed me. "I don't want you to go". I kissed him back running my hands through his hair.

James cleared his throat and I broke the kiss pecking him on the cheek.

"I'll see you tommorow at school." I said to Josh turning to Ray.

"Can you walk me out?" I asked. He nodded in return and we waved goodbye to a depressed Josh and a furious April. I giggled.

"What's so funny?" Sam asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing it's just nice to stake your claim". I said proudly. James, Ray and Sam looked at each other.

"I take it things aren't complicated anymore?" James asked. I sighed.

"For now". For now everything was okay, but I had a feelings things were about to get a lot worse...