Chapter 15: Derek and Josh

*****
Laura

"HONEY STAY DOWN...HONEY STO-" Moms voice was cut off by the car flipping. I felt something slam against my back as I lost my breath. I couldn't breathe. My kid self couldn't understand why I was in so much pain as my arm went limp beside me. I felt a sharp object pierce my back as I cried. I screamed. I screamed and I screamed hoping someone would hear me and make the pain stop.

"Laura I'm here! I'm here, calm down what's wrong?" I heard Derek's frantic voice ask. I opened my eyes and saw Derek leaning over me.

Derek? Where was I? I sat up and took in my surroundings. I was sitting on a king sized bed in a green colored room. I saw posters of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd on the wall. To the right were photographs of Derek and two other guys-his older brothers I presume.

I was in his bedroom. I looked down and saw a long jersey on me. Did...did he change me? No, I felt my dress under the jersey.

"Your awake". Derek said. I suddenly felt disgusted wearing the dress. I wanted it off, NOW.

"Derek...I...can I change out of my dress..." Realization dawned on his face as he nodded and left the room. I quickly tore the dress off and threw his jersey over, it reached a little over my knees. I saw a pair of sweatpants neatly folded on the side of the bed and I reached for them. My body ached and my head was killing me. I examined my legs and hips. Minimal bruising. My arms were okay but my breast-it had a bite mark the size of Jupiter. It was a brownish yellow. It made me want to puke.

"I brought some Tylenol". Derek said slowly entering the room. I grabbed the glass of water and Tylenol gulping it down. I sat on the bed as Derek pulled a chair beside me.

"I won't ask why you were at the restaurant dressed like you were-but you need to report him." I shook my head.

I couldn't. I never wanted to speak his name again or Rothforts. All I wanted was for Josh t-JOSH! What time was it? He must be going crazy looking for me. What if he met with Rothfort? He would lose it if he saw him.

"Derek what time is it?" I urgently asked.

"It's 11 pm". Derek said pointing to his bedside clock. I paled. Where was my phone. I frantically started looking for it.

"Laura stop", Derek said grabbing my arms. He pulled me into and hug, and reached for something behind me.

It was my phone.

"Call whoever you want, but Im only going to give this to you, if you tell me why you had a screaming fit".

Derek looked at me with a hard stare. I nodded and grabbed my phone.

I dialed Josh's number and he picked up on the first ring.

"LAURA. I called you so many times!Where are you?" I was shaking with fear. All I wanted was to be held by him.

"Josh..." I said my voice breaking. He stopped ranting.

"Where are you baby?" He asked softly, I looked at Derek.

"What's your address?" He motioned for me to give him the phone. I passed it to him as I layed back on the bed.

This was bad. This was so bad. I didn't think one evening with Rothfort would actually kill me. I thought he would throw a few rude remarks here and there, but I never expected this. Because of my feelings for Josh I was blinded by the fact that he was a gang leader. They didn't care if they killed people-or raped them. This wasn't a pathetic asshole you could ignore like at school, this was the real world, and I stupidly put myself in danger thinking I could handle it.