Part 2.34 : Dream Come True?

TYLER'S POV

"Phoebe." I said as I reached her and grabbed her lower arm

She simply stood still as I went closer to her and I turned her to face my direction.

"What do you want?" She said cryingly

"I..I'm sorry..." I said as a tear escaped from my eyes

And then I am already crying in front of her. While she is just standing still and I am holding her right hand.

"Why... didn't you just tell me that it was her all along?" She said cryingly as her other hand is on her forehead

"I'm sorry Phoebe... But I, myself... I was also confused then. Since you came back, I got back to my mind set that you're the one I should get back with. I was stuck with the thought and the feeling that you are my one and only love."

"I see... Your... only love..." She said with a forced smile. Then tears escaped again from her eyes.

"Tyler... tell me," she said while looking straight onto my eyes,

"...that relationship you had with Bethany before... how... h-how did it happened?"

I sighed as I looked at her eyes.

"Well uhm... I... I was a mess back then. It was... a year after you left for Europe. I always stay late night at the bars, drinkin' up and destroying everything that I have in life. But then, Bethany... she was just always there for me. She didn't give up on pushing me back on track. And then months later, she introduced me to those three guys I never thought I would be able to find myself and happiness with..."

"Second haven." She said and I nodded.

"We were all so happy then... and suddenly I seemed to have forgotten about you leaving me, in some way. And by then she managed to make me whole again."

She started crying more heavily.

So I held her cheeks.

"Look Phoebe, I'm sorry... God knows how long I have waited for you. I never let my phone off, thinking that you might call but ...you never did. That time I kissed her, it was so sudden and I lost control of my mind and I asked her if she could be my girlfriend."

"And she said yes?"

I let go of Phoebe's cheeks and held her hand instead.

I smiled, remembering those days.

"Actually... she never said yes. I was the one who pursued what we had. And she just got tired of reacting each time our parents would ship us together. That was the time we considered our relationship an actual one."

Phoebe nodded and gave out a forced smile again.

"Did you... love her then?" She asked me cryingly

"I... I guess I did." I said crying while looking at her straight in the eyes.

She closed her eyes as tears fell down on her cheeks.

Then she sighed and she made let go of her hand.

"P-Phoebe..."

As she opened her eyes, she flashed me her sweet smile in contrast to her teary eyes.

"I'm letting you go." She said

"W-what do you-"

"Don't worry about me. Besides, it was my fault, too. I got so attached to the thought of being with you, though I know I was the one who was first to let you go... So I guess I should also apologize. I'm sorry for everything Tyler..." she said as she held my left cheek.