Chapter 21: One sec

TORI'S POV

I need to talk to her, I need to. I say to myself as I walk down the hall to her room. I knock on her door and say,

"Hey Laney, can we talk for a bit?"

There's silence, and I hear footsteps that stop than start up again. She takes a deep breath and opens the door.

"Yeah what" she says rather angrily and lets me in.

"Um, so, I like the pictures and stuff you put um up..." I tell her very shakily.

She looks up and probably sees the picture I was referring to was of me and her, "Thanks..."

"Can you please give me chance just to explain, please Laney, please?" I beg.

She exhales and sits down, indicating for me to start.

So I do.

I tell her every little detail, from sitting with Liam at the bar, all the way until Harry and I were locked in the room together.

"Tori, here's the thing. I really don't know if I can ever trust you again, but I could try. Harry's my best friend, and you broke his heart, so I'm not that big of a fan of you two kissing." She tells me, tears in her eyes.

"Laney I WANT you and Niall to be together, I never intended to hurt you. I hate the fact that I did to both you and Harry. I know that my chances with Harry again are slim but I just want to start out slow with you, all I'm asking is forgiveness. That's it, I promise." I beg

She looks at me for a second than nods in agreement. i smile as we both look at each other with silence for a second until she says,

"Ssooo, I have a date for prom..."

"Really? But I thought?-"

"Niall asked me. In the fucking O2 Arena last night!"

I am stunned, my mouth wide open, speechless.

"Laney that's incredible! I'm so so happy for you OHMYGOD!" I tell her.

"I know and h-"

She got cut off by her phone ringing.

"One sec" she tells me and searches her bed sheets to find her iPhone. She slides the screen to answer the call.

LANEYS POV

"Hello?" I ask the anonymous caller.

"Laney Fitz?" A male voice says.

"Speaking?" I say confused.

"Hello, this is Dave Manning, I am calling from the Athletics Program here at UCLA to speak to you about your softball career." He tells me.

My moth is wide open and I am speechless.

"Hello?" He asks again.

"Yes hi, I'm sorry, I'm here." I tell him with a smile ear to ear. I have been playing softball since I was 4, I've been told I was pretty good by the age of 11. I was asked to tryout for the USA Junior Olympic team when I was 14 and I played on that for 3 years and now here I am, getting a call from my dream college to play college ball.

"We would like to offer you a full scholarship for you to play starting catcher for our program here at UCLA for your freshman year, how does that sound?" Mr. Manning asks.

"Uh, ohmy, that sounds, absolutely incredible yes yes yes thank you so so much Mr. Manning." I say out of breath.

"No thank you Laney. After you graduate we would like to fly you out and have you start training with us if that's ok?" He asks me.

"Yes perfect! Thank you so much again, this is a dream."

"Great! See you in 4 weeks Ms. Fitz."

"Thank you, bye!" I tell him as I hang up.

It takes me a couple of seconds to process everything before I realize Tori is sitting right there in front of me with her mouth wide open.

And all I can do is scream as loud as I can as I run all around the house, pleasantly surprised.