Chapter 28: 800 Feet

NIALL'S POV

"Ok boys, this is your last group. Actually just one woman. Be right back lads."

"Thanks Dan" Liam tells the security guard who is running our meet and greet.

And a tiny, little, itty, bitty, thought suspected the person that is next, would be this woman.

"Rachel! How are you love!?" Liam asks as he extends his arms in her direction, walking towards her.

I look to my right where I find Zayn and I give him a confused look.

He shrugs and looks pass me where the other lads are hugging her and making conversation.

"Rach, what are you doing here?" I ask after i give her a questioning hug.

"Well, I came because, well, we need to talk..." She tells me as the lads are listening in.

"Alright boys, huddle up around the nice girl, lets get a picture, c'mon" The rather pushy photographer tells us.

We extend our arms around her and smile for the camera, than she is told to pick up her bag from security at the door and to exit.

"Um, Dan, we are actually very good friends with Rachel here. Do you think you could give us an hour or so? Let us go to the dressing rooms?" Liam asks in his charming manner.

He looked at our hopeful faces for a few seconds before answering yes.

Dan led us and Rachel down the hall to Liam's dressing room and let us catch up.

"So Rach, what did you need to talk about with us?" Harry asks.

"Right, this is actually focusing on Niall at the moment..." She says and directing her attention towards me, everyone following her lead

"Me?"

"You. And Laney" Rachel says.

My heart breaks.

Just hearing her name, it makes my heart break.

I was the absolute biggest jerk in the world, giving up his girlfriend for his career.

"Niall, before you say anything, listen t-" Liam begins.

"Wait a sec. You're involved with this too? What, is everyone in on this except me?" I ask starting to get upset, looking around for answers.

"Mate, listen. This is for you. We want the best for you." Louis tells me as I stare at the ground.

I look around at all of them for a solid 2 minutes before I sigh and say,

"Talk"

LANEY'S POV

To: PainInAssssssssss (which is Rachel's contact name)

Literally where the fuck are you? I've been waiting for almost 25 minutes Rach!!!

I've been sitting in my car outside the TD Garden waiting for Rachel to get out.

She texted me an hour ago asking me if I could come and pick her up from the concert and hasn't replied after the 30+ texts I sent her asking her where she was when I got here.

The One Direction concert.

I thought about it for a little while before replying with an 'of course' because, well of course I had to, she's my sister.

So, I got in my car and drove from my house in the suburban town in Boston I live in, and drove 15 minutes into the city.

All I can think about now is; I'm about 800 feet away from him.

800 seconds it would take for me to see him.

800 seconds it would take for me to say just 'hi' to him.

My thoughts were caught off from a text from the little shit herself.

From: PainInAssssssssss

I'm having trouble getting out, can you please come meet me at the security line top floor?

You're fucking kidding me right?

Every step I take, deducts 1 foot.

799 feet

798 feet

797 feet...