Chapter 24: 8tracks

Hey guys!:) I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but I was planning on a few days ago, but I broke my toe in my soccer game and I was in the hospital for so long, idek why tho, I mean it's a toe?!

Anywayy, I made sure it was extra long for you guyss!:)

I love you all so so muchhhh!!

Ok fan, vote, comment!

Happy reading!:)

LANEYS POV

"Niall c'mon! We're gonna be late!" I whisper / yell on to the other room.

"Ok babe, ok I'm coming." He says groaning, just waking up a few minutes ago.

"I just don't want to miss the flight, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, it's ok. Ready to leave slowpoke?" He asks with a wink.

"Shuddup idiot, c'mon." I tell him, rolling my eyes, walking out the door.

We walk out the door, down the pathway to the car as Niall slips his hand into mine. It's around 6:30 in the morning, while our flight is at 8:00, but of course, Liam put the idea into Niall's head,t hat if we're not there an hour before, we'll "defiantly miss our flight". So I had to hop on board with the idea and yell at him to wake up this morning. Ugh, boys...

We get to the airport, go through security and check our bags, not including my long champ and Niall's green backpack. We board the flight which is an 8 hour, straight through to Boston.

"You good?" Niall nudges my side and I look to him and smile and nod.

"I'm so excited to meet your family and friends Lanes." He said, looking and sounding literally excited.

"I'm excited for you too Niall! They're also excited, I mean, the ones who know you're coming." I tell him, meaning my friends that know he's coming, which is only like 4 of them.

"What'd Lou say last night?"

"Oh, I called her and she said her and Lux were going to be in Boston by like 7 tonight, so their flight leaves a little later today." I tell Niall.

After I finish, he nods and looks out the window.

"If you want to sleep, my shoulder and chest is always an option." He says with a grin.

I smile at him and lean my head on his shoulder as he puts his arm around me and sleep falls over me for 8 hours...

NIALLS POV

Somehow, someway, I need to ask her to be my girlfriend. I know, I know I'm "going out" with Alex. But I'm not, that's management doing that to me. I mean, for gods sake, I'm bringing her to prom, meeting her family, I've told her I loved her. And I do, I really do. She's my dream girl, she's beautiful, sweet, funny, smart, athletic, she's perfect. And I need her to be mine and just mine. Like, now.

"Lanes, Laney wake up" I shake her lightly after arriving in Boston.

"What wha- oh uh um ok, thanks Ni." She says to me.

We get off the flight, get our bags and we're doing pretty good with the disguise thing so far, only got stopped for about 10 pictures so far through out the trip. Until we look outside...

"How the fuck do they do this?" I say under my breath for only Laney to hear, who is right next to me.

"Well, I don't know, but we both need to leave before they actually see we're together." Laney says, starting to stress, as I can tell.

"Ok Lanes, calm down, everything's going to be fine, just follow me." I tell her, purposely not taking her hand into mine.

She follows behind me, keeping her head down as I try to go to security. I tell them my name and they know why all the fans are here. The men lead us out the back exit and into a car that they had there and they drive us to Laney's flat in a little town in Boston. I give the men money which they refuse but I always refused to accept back. No fans are at her house, yet...

"I'm sorry" I tell her feeling guilty.

"It's ok, it happens. Well, with you it happens..." She says smiling as I take her hand in mine.

We start up the pathway to the big white house,

"You ready?" She asks, sounding nervous.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I tell her, giving her hand a squeeze.

A short woman with blonde hair and a face that looked very similar to Laney's opened the door.

"Mom!!" Laney yelled, giving her mother a hug.

"Hi love! I've missed you so much hun!"

"I've missed you too! Mom, this is my bo- this is my friend Niall." That hurt, but I couldn't let it get to me, because she'll be mine soon, and she'll be able to finish that sentence without having to stop to say 'boyfriend'.

I put my hand out for her to shakes and say with my Irish accent and a smile,

"Hi I'm Niall, it's very nice to meet you ma'm."

But she doesn't want to shake my hand, she gives me a hug. I guess that's what New England people do...

"It's very nice to meet you too Niall, my name's Anne, I've heard plenty about you." Anne says and winks at Laney, making both of us blush.

"Well ok thanks mom, where's Cam and Mark?" Laney asks, changing the subject after some silence in between.

"Oh, Cam's at hockey and Mark will be home from work by 6, he's sorry that he couldn't see you when you got home. But you two should either get some sleep or eat something, it's been a long day for you both."

When Anne said food, my face lit up and I looked at Laney.

"Yeah, we could go for something to eat haha"

"Oh right, I remember thinking you both we're meant for each other because you're both obsessed with food, isn't that right Laney?" Anne says, no intention to embarrass Lanes, it just came out because that's the type of person she is. I think I'm going to like Anne...

I look at Laney who is red as a tomato and she looked at me saying,

"OOKKKKAYYY mom that's enough, Niall and I will be upstairs, call us down when the foods done." She says, pulling me by the hand up the stairs to her room.

Once we get to her room, she throws her bags down on the floor and flings herself onto her bed.

"I like your room. It's you." I tell her as I admire her purple room. She has string lights hanging from her ceiling and one wall is filled with pictures of her and her friends. The other ones are filled with posters of her favorite bands and artists and she has on 8tracks that's coming from a speaker in her room.

"Thanks, I redid it a little while ago." She tells me and sits up from her position. I walk over to her and sit down and cross my legs on her bed so I'm facing her.

"So are you up for an adventure tonight?" I ask her smiling.

"By adventure you mean...?" Laney asks me.

"Going into the city, getting some dinner, maybe a surprise at the end of the night?" I tell her looking at the floor and up at her for the last part.

"And how do you know your way around Boston?" She asks me.

"Lanes! I love Boston! I've been here many times, trust me, I know what I'm doing." I tell her growing confident.

"Ok, ok whatever you say Horan." Laney says exhaling and getting up from her place on her bed.

"Wait Lanes, can I ask you something first?" I ask, getting up with her and pulling her towards me, turning her around.

"Sure, anything."

I look into her eyes before asking what I've wanted to ask her for the longest time,

"You know I love you, and I know that this isn't the grandest place to ask you this, but Laney, will you please, and from the bottom of my heart I ask you this, be my girlfriend?"

She looks at me with shock, but smiles after a few seconds and nods her head, with tears in her eyes.

She jumps in my arms and hugs me as I squeeze her back. She wraps her legs around my waist and looks into my eyes before grabbing the back of my head with one hand and using her other hand to put on my face, and kisses me.

And on 8tracks, the song that's plays just so happens to be "Kiss Me Slowly".