One Direction Saved Me

Chapter 1

"GRACIE!" My drunken father screams at me once out power goes out. I cringe when he screams my name again. I carefully feel my way to the stairs considering it's pitch black.

I find my way down stairs to find out my father forgot to pay the electric bill, most likely because he wastes his money away on beer and drugs instead of trying to support our dis functional family.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT GRACIE TRAVIS! GO GET SOME FOOD YOU PIECE OF CRAP!" He screams at me and tears fill my eyes, he throws money at me to go to the store and get food. I pick up the money grab the car keys and run out the door. I try to start the car but it doesn't start I realize there is no gas.

"Way to go dad" I say sarcastically. Luckily the store isn't that far but it is about 11:00 pm so it's gonna be scary, I run most of the way there, get the food, and leave. I'm so exhausted from running to the store I have to slowly trudge back home.

Well I'm 18 by the way, my mom has Alzheimer's and has for a while, it's pretty bad my dad will take his anger out on me all the time, I can't take this anymore but I put up with it for my mom, I miss her and I only want to see her smile again, it's been so long since she's smiled, let alone talked, or got out of bed.

I was walking by an alley when I heard a faint "meow" it sounded like an injured kitty so I slowly walked into the alley.

"Here kitty kitty kitty kitty"

All of a sudden theres a man in front of me grinning like the devil. I slowly back up then right as I turn around to run, I run into another man. They are both wearing black and one is very tall. they both jump on me ripping the bags from my hands and punching me and kicking me. I scream for help but one of them covers my mouth. I hear footsteps; I look up for a split second and see five guys walking by the opening to the alley they are all laughing with beanies and sunglasses on... in the middle of the night? I bite the man's finger and scream. They look at me and then one of them runs forward then the rest follow. Two of them each tackle a man then the fifth one scoops me up bridal style and carries me out into the open. I turn around and see the two men running off while some off those boys are calling 911, I let that sink in and start sobbing into the strangers chest.

He carries me out into the open trying to set me down, but for some reason I can't let go of him.

"She's to frightened to let go," He says to the rest of the boys they all crowd around one with brown curly hair says.

"We've called the police love they'll be here shortly, oh by the way my name is Harry."

"And I'm Niall," says a boy with blond hair.

"I'm Louis and this is Zayn," A boy says pointing to the other boy that looks like he has a cinnamon roll on his head.

"And that large teddy bear holding you is Liam," Says the cinnamon boy. Right after that the police get there and ask me and the boys a bunch of questions but the whole time I was distracted cause I kept staring at them, they all looked so familiar! The police offer me a ride home but the boys insisted on walking me, so I let them.

We talked the whole way to my house but I kinda felt bad cause Liam gave me a piggyback ride the way there, but he said he was strong enough.

"So what were you doing walking with groceries so late at night?" The curly one said. So I told them my whole sob story which is my life and by the time we made it home I had finished the story.

"Goodbye Gracie," they all said at once which sorta freaked me out a little bit. Liam set me down and we were about to have a group hug when my dad came out.

"Who are these boys!? WHERE IS THE FOOD?!" He screamed. Tears started to fill my eyes I tryed to explain I was mugged but he didn't care. He came right up to me and punched me, causing me to fall back into one of the boys arms. I stand up crying when Zayn, Liam, and Harry step in front of me, shielding me from my father with Niall and Louis locking arms with me.