Chapter 61: You promised

"Daddy!" I scream rushing towards him, sand flying everywhere as I run.

"Sweetheart I love you, don't forget that" He says, clutching his bleeding stomach.

I smile for him, knowing he loves it when I smile. "I know daddy, I love you too"

My smile begins to fade as his eyes slowly close, his hands fall from mine, and his whole body goes limp.

"Daddy" My voice cracks as I try to speak, so I stop.

"Baby girl, stand up you're ruining your dress" I hear a lady say. I let go of my father and dust the sand of my wedding dress, turning to face the stranger.

"Y-you look familiar" I stutter and begin staring at the ocean to my left.

"Gracie, Gracie look at me" She says walking closer.

She wears grey sweats, and a grey sweatshirt. Her hair, a brown with natural dark red highlights, looks as if she woke up from a 3 day nap.

She takes my hands and examines them. Then she places them on my cheeks, examining my facial features.

"Oh sweetie, you look just like your grandmother" She says as a tear falls down her cheek.

"Wait...are you my-my mom?" I choke.

"Yes" She smiles. I can't help myself, I throw my arms around her neck, she gladly returns the hug.

"I'm never leaving you" I whisper.

"Baby listen to me, I know you're happy but people need you. Your friends, the boys, for goodness sakes Grace you have a fiancé!" She shouts rubbing my head.

"No! I just got you back I won't leave you again! They don't need me mom, I'm only causing trouble"

"You've got it all wrong. You must go back, you must" She says.

"Go back where?! Where am I?! And...and how are you here! Mom please I'm scared, stay with me!" I yell wrapping my arms around her again.

"I know your scared baby, just listen to me. You're giving up, on everything. On you're family, friends...you're life. You don't understand what's happening now but you will, trust me. You're are fighter, you always have been, so don't lose this fight...win it." And with that she kisses my forehead. "Goodbye my love, you're not coming with me today, it's not your time."

"Mom? You're leaving!?" I cry.

"I love you" She says and starts walking towards the ocean.

"NO STOP!" I shriek, trying to run after her but my feet are stuck, I try to get them free but they won't move.

"No please don't leave me! I need you, I wanna be with you! I can't handle this anymore, I need my mom! You can't leave me again, stop leaving me! PLEASE!" I scream and fall to my knees hopelessly.

She continues to walk, even as she's in the ocean, just walking into the water.

"Stay with me!" I scream.

"I-I love you" I whisper before she is completely submerged by water, and she's gone.

I look over and my father's body is gone, then the sun sets leaving total darkness, there's no moon or stars.

"What's happening?! Somebody help me!" I scream.

I see a tall, dark figure walking towards me, all I see is his silhouette.

"Sir, sir! Please help me!" I say and he leans down next to me.

"Wake up" He whispers in my ear. "Please wake up"