The Burning Man (Cisco's POV)

I sat on the floor of Leah's living room with a bowl of popcorn on my lap. My back was leaning against her knees as we were watching Lord of the Rings. Again. She claimed she loved this movie for the action but in retrospect, I think she liked the way the elves looked. She wasn't very girly, at least not around me, but she did have a thing for princes and princesses, and all things fairytale. I think she liked the whole idea of having a prince sweep her off her feet. I found that to be silly, though; she was amazing enough to take care of herself, what would her knight in shining armor do for her? Cook and clean like the housemaid?

As for why I was sitting on the floor, she somehow convinced me to let her play with my hair. It started off with her just weaving her fingers through my hair and I caught myself tilting my head back, almost dozing off against one of her knees, but after a while, she got bored and started trying weird things with my hair. Before I knew it, she had hair ties and hair clips all along my hair; hair bows and braids all aligned my head.

"You having fun there?" I asked when I heard her giggle behind me. However, I kept my eyes glued to the television, terrified to see what she had done to my hair.

I felt her move and before I knew it, she had pressed her weight against my back. I pushed back to keep from falling forward into the popcorn bowl and before I could ask what she was doing, she placed her chin on my shoulder and held her phone out in front of us to take a selfie; she smiled, and I looked completely mortified.

Laughing, she sat back on the couch again, tucking her legs under her so we were no longer touching. I could feel the warmth leave me immediately but I was too preoccupied by her continuous, echoing laughter. It rang like bells throughout her studio apartment.

It was hard to hide a smile when I heard it, and I turned to her, trying my best to look as serious as I could, "Alright, alright," I held my hand up, motioning for the phone, "You had your fun. Delete the picture. Come on, give it to me."

She continued to laugh as she backed away from me, shaking her head quickly. "Leah, delete it!"

Gasping for air in between her fit of giggles, she said, "No." Her brown hair fell into her face as she continued to shake her head.

Damn, a smile formed on my lips as she curled into a corner of the couch as far from me as she could get.

"Leah Margarine Raymond, give me the phone!" I laughed.

She gasped, "You did NOT just use my middle name!" She grabbed the couch pillow beside her and threw it at me. I didn't see it coming and gasped as it hit me square in the face.

"Oh, NOW you asked for it," I told her, launching myself onto the couch.

"No, no, no, NO!" She squealed as I pinned her arms away from me with one hand and continued tickling her with the other. She squirmed as much as she could with no success. "Cisco, please!" She laughed, "I can't breathe!"