Bring Him Home (Leah's POV)

Later that day, Cisco and I went over the math and everything else needed before putting our heads together to design the machine. There was many times where I had my back to him and he would sigh. It wasn't until he threw the metal object that was in his hand and growled that I turned to see what he was doing. He sat in one of the office chairs, his back still to me, with his hands covering his face in frustration.

"Hey," I walked forward and placed both of my hands on his shoulders. I couldn't help but notice how broad they were, and he was definitely gaining muscle in that area. Shaking the thought away, I asked, "Why are you so frustrated?" I gently began rubbing his shoulders, trying to get rid of the tension he had there.

He sighed, "I don't know why I'm trying..." My hands stopped in surprise. I thought he would want to help Ronnie. Before I could accuse him, he added, "I'm the reason Ronnie is like this in the first place, what the hell makes me think I can SAVE HIM...?"

"Cisco," I placed my hand on the office chair and turned it where he was facing me, leaning over him so my eyes were leveled with his and he was forced to look at me. I placed both hands on either arm of the chair and remained standing like that, looking at him sternly. "That was not your fault," I told him. "Ronnie asked you to close that door. You were only doing what he told you to do."

"I could've reopened it... We had time..."

I shook my head. "If you had opened that door, EVERYONE would've died that night... You're not the bad guy here, you're the hero. You saved everyone. What happened to Ronnie wasn't because of you, it was because of the explosion. I know you. I know you would've opened the door if you could've, but you did the right thing by leaving it closed..."

He frowned, shaking his head. "How can you say that?" His voice was small and strangled like mine had been last night. "I did this to your brother."

I continued to shake my head, looking him dead in the eyes. His eyes were so brown, it reminded me of chocolate. I love chocolate.

"No, you didn't. But you are going to be the one to save him, because if anyone can build this machine, then it's you."

I smiled as soon as he laughed, the sound was so contagious and light. One of my favorite things about him. It was a good thing he was a goofball.

"You have too much faith in me, Lele."

"I don't think you have enough." I giggled, "So I have enough for the both of us."

He just smiled this time, staring into my eyes with his warm ones. For a second, he leaned forward and I thought for sure that he was going to kiss me. He stopped just as his forehead touched mine and I closed my eyes, surprised at how warm his touch was as his hands landed on the ones I had perched on the arms of his chair.

"Leah..." He whispered and it sent a new kind of rush down my spine. My eyebrows knitted together as he added, "You probably shouldn't stand that close..."